Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Problem with Tivo Bolt and cablecard, v58 not authorized message on all channels

Regular Visitor

Problem with Tivo Bolt and cablecard, v58 not authorized message on all channels

I received a cablecard for my tivo bolt yesterday. Since getting it setup, I'm receiving a v58 channel not authorized message on all channels. Status of the card shows as not staged. Tivo shows the signal strength is good for all channels.

I've called tech support several times but they haven't been able to resolve the issue and now think it's a bad card. They're sending a tech on Monday. From reading the forums it sounds like it's probably not correctly configured by Comcast. If the card were bad, would Tivo be showing good signal strength?

How do I get this fixed?

Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Re: Problem with Tivo Bolt and cablecard, v58 not authorized message on all channels

Tech just arrived but he was an independent contract and didn't know anything about cable cards. He called Comcast and set up a new appointment for tomorrow, supposedly with a Comcast tech who knows cablecards and is bringing a replacement.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation