230 REPLIES
Posted by
Edited on
‎02-07-2013 03:18 PM

Official Employee

Message 1 of 231 (23,950 Views)

Re: Picture tiling/pixelation/freeze and loss of sound in the evenings

[ Edited ]

Locking the thread. Accepted Solution is marked in the thread.

Pixelation-tiling-video freezing are almost always a sign of a localized signal issue.

Check your cable connections and if no improvement, call 1-800-COMCAST to start the troubleshooting process. Insist on a technician visit to review your signal levels and correct if necessary.

Outside the home issues & equipment issues are fixed no additional charge.

Thanks.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 231 (23,972 Views)

Wow I just got my bill online.  They raised it by $3.00.  Talk about adding insult to injury.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 231 (23,977 Views)

Did this fix also eliminate the momentary black screen, and blinking, channel not authorized and all the other fun stuff we have to deal with?

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 231 (23,980 Views)

My last comment is that they are never going to fix my TV service, because I totally believe they do not know how to.  The sad thing is I am paying for damaged TV service.  Each month I get my bill it really riles me up to even have to pay for the TV end of the bill!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 5 of 231 (24,126 Views)

I had been having pixelation issues since before Christmas of 2012.  On 3 occasions Comcast sent incompetent, lazy techs to my home who had no idea how to repair the problem.  The last two ordered new cabling installed from the box at the street to my house.  After this, pixelation made most channels completely unwatchable.  I called Comcast to give them one last chance to fix the problem.  I asked for a lead technician.  I live in the Annapolis area of MD.  They sent Anthony Lanzaran Lead Tech #612 out of the Bay Shore Group.  He was intelligent, interested in solving the problem and conscientious.  He found a broken connector at the box near the street.  This lowered the correctable error to less than 60.  The box did correct the error to 0 on 225 which is the channel on the highest frequency.  Unsatisfied thet there was any error, Tony asked for a line repair tech to fix a messy connection at the main juction box at the end of my street.  That tech arrived within the hour and now error is 0.  Tony also replaced all my RG59 with RG-6 and replaced my 4db amp with his 15 db amp and a 4 way splitter.  Tony called to check on the status several times.  My system is working perfectly.  In fact it is better than ever before.  I project a 110" 16x9 image and have several other TV's and HD recorders connected to the Comcast line.  I also have a rooftop antenna which always provided the best picture.  Now the Comcast and OTA are indistinguishable,

My advice to those of u who cannot get this problem resolved is ask for a reliable, competent technician who knows how the system works and will go the wxtra mile to satisfy the customer.  If none is available, check connectors and wiring.  Use RG6 evrywhere.  Use one high gain 15dB or more amp to a good splitter.  If all this does not fix it, ask Comcast to check the connectons at their boxes. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 6 of 231 (24,270 Views)

I've had this same issue since March 2012, except it happens during the day as well.  I have had at least 15 techs out here plus a field supervisor.  I feel this is no hope for me.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 7 of 231 (24,278 Views)

Al-h wrote:

Same problem. Have called four times. Technician visited and replaced cable box. Did all the rebooting, etc.Still happening, always at night. Tech said it happens when it's cold!! Now can't get through to customer service. Anyone have any ideas? Switch to FIOS?

It was fun watching the Super Bowl last night. We had tons of pixelation all through the game. For the first time ever we had the whole screen pixelate at one point. Our modem is right behind the tv where we can see it. Almost always when the TV was pixelating the modem was rebooting itself. But often the modem was rebooting itself and the TV wasn't pixelating. We lost internet connection a lot more times than we had pixelation.

Our signal strength numbers all are within specs.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 231 (24,305 Views)

Same problem. Have called four times. Technician visited and replaced cable box. Did all the rebooting, etc.Still happening, always at night. Tech said it happens when it's cold!! Now can't get through to customer service. Anyone have any ideas? Switch to FIOS?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 9 of 231 (24,311 Views)

They replaced my cable and now all the channels pixelate.  Called in and they offered to send another tech. This will be the third tech plus 3 crews to change cable.  If he cannot fix it Monday I wiil move to Verizon,  Meanwwhile I use my trusty roof antenne through eight year old LG LST-3410A HD DVR's.  Picture iss much better OTA.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 10 of 231 (24,316 Views)

I too am worried about trying to watch the Super Bowl. The RF Signal Section is Yellow and at a -12dbmV and there is some pixelation happening but fortunately not on the CBS Station (yet). Still waiting for a cable crew to come out to replace the enterance cable.

Posted by
Edited on
‎02-02-2013 08:09 PM

Visitor

Message 11 of 231 (24,321 Views)

[ Edited ]

I finally got a technician who replaced cables, added more boosters, and the problem was resolved.  For a few weeks.  Now it's back with a vengence.  Trying to watch TV is painfully frustrating....day or night.  Trying to watch the Superbowl tomorrow is gonna suck!  Thanks Comcast.

Oh, and today it rebooted itself for no reason.  A little later, the show I was watching suddenly stopped and the screen said I did not have "authority" to watch that channel.  WTH?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 231 (24,436 Views)

When you pay someone over $1,000.00/ year, you expect to get decent service.  Sometimes, the best decision is to go to another supplier.  After several visits, unfulfilled promises by techs who know less about what they are doing than I do, I am fed up.  The techs are not qualified to turn a radio on or set a watch.  If it does not work, try another company.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 13 of 231 (24,457 Views)

JayInAlg wrote:

A damaged drop cable, loose / corrorded fittings & moisture all can affect the signal.  It can also be upstream into Comcast's RF portion of the plant.

Call and insist on getting a tech out who will have the proper test equipment and tools to find and fix the issue.  Outside issues & equipment issues are fixed no charge.

Interesting that you menion "upstream into Comcast's RF portion of the plant".

When we lose our internet connection the modem usually cycles through a solid DS light to the US light where it sits blinking for a period of time before it starts the cycle over again until the connection eventually is restored. Two days ago this happened from 11:15 am to 2:00 pm during which time we also had frequent pixelation and breaking up audio on cable TV.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 14 of 231 (33,657 Views)

ggeinec wrote:

I don't understand.

I can go for a month or two with no problems at all with cable TV or internet and then I'll have a month or two with constant pixelation and loss of sound on cable and constant loss of internet connection and then I'll go back to another month or two of solid service, etc..The cycle keeps repeating.

If the source of the problem is at my place why do I get extended periods without any problems?

What could be causing this?

A damaged drop cable, loose / corrorded fittings & moisture all can affect the signal.  It can also be upstream into Comcast's RF portion of the plant.

Call and insist on getting a tech out who will have the proper test equipment and tools to find and fix the issue.  Outside issues & equipment issues are fixed no charge.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Edited on
‎01-23-2013 07:52 PM

Regular Contributor

Message 15 of 231 (24,472 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't understand.

I can go for a month or two with no problems at all with cable TV or internet and then I'll have a month or two with constant pixelation and loss of sound on cable and constant loss of internet connection and then I'll go back to another month or two of solid service, etc..The cycle keeps repeating.

If the source of the problem is at my place why do I get extended periods without any problems?

What could be causing this?

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-24-2013 10:28 AM

Frequent Visitor

Message 16 of 231 (24,480 Views)

[ Edited ]

I live in Davidsonville, MD in the Merrywood Manor area.  For over 6 months I have suffered with pixelization.  I use a 3416 Motorola DVR and have at least 4 other TV's connected.  Two techs have been out here who do not have any diagnostic skills.  The first ordered a new cable from the street even though the pixelization occurs selectively.  It comes and goes and when stations pixelate, they are unwatchable.  Comcast is absolutely worthless.  I will be leaving them very soon because off this issue. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 17 of 231 (24,504 Views)

I first noticed this problem after my cable box suddenly rebooted and I saw a new set of programs loading including Xfinity on Demand. The 5 minute spalsh screen is new and that is when the problem started happening for the first tine, It has been a problem ever since over the last 2 weeks. Personally, I suspect that the new features fouled up the usual operation of the network. Broken wires and lose connections do not cause a picture to freeze while the audio continues normally with no static.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 18 of 231 (24,544 Views)

A drop amp would get your levels up to spec, but it depends on how the house is wired.  If most of the coax runs all meet at one main splitter, then a drop amp would be placed in front of the splitter feeding the TV outlets.  Do not amp the line to the cable modem.

Normally a 2-way is placed first, with one leg going to the cable modem outlet.  The other leg feeds the TV splitters.  If there is enough loss, then a drop amp (+15db gain) is placed between the output of the 2-way and the input of the splitter for just the TV outlets.  If there are daisy chained wiring in the home, then the first outlets could be over driven with too much signal because of the amp.

The best situation is to have all TV runs meet at a central location, but in many homes it is impractical to rewire the existing daisy-chained wiring to a home run configuration.  

Here's an example of a typical high quality drop amp and an expanation on it's use.

The main caution on adding a drop amp is don't amp the cable modem line, and be caucious of over driving any close TV outlets that are short runs from the amp, which would be mostly an issue on daisy-chained wiring configurations.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 19 of 231 (24,558 Views)

so how do split the one incommming into 4 outgoing?   some type of power amp?
JayInAlg wrote:

A two-way has -3.5db loss, a 4 way has -7db loss.  All high quality splitters have the same loss, so a "better" splitter won't help unless the old one is not rated for 5-1000mhz.

If your at -8 with the two-way, then putting in any good 4 way splitter will bring the level down to -11.5.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 20 of 231 (24,564 Views)

A two-way has -3.5db loss, a 4 way has -7db loss.  All high quality splitters have the same loss, so a "better" splitter won't help unless the old one is not rated for 5-1000mhz.

If your at -8 with the two-way, then putting in any good 4 way splitter will bring the level down to -11.5.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 21 of 231 (24,567 Views)

I found a 4 way splitter in the attic that appears to be the issue causing 2 channels to have corrption...  I replaced the 4 way with a 2 way and im good now with -8. ..  Now I need to find a a better 4 ways splitter...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 22 of 231 (24,640 Views)

When the tech was out three weeks ago, he did replace the original (1994) RF Crimp Connectors with the new RF Compression Connectors. He was able to get the signal to rise from -18dbmV to about -12dbmV. This was enough to stop the pixelazation/distorted audio issues quite a bit. Aain, he is suppose to schedule the original entrance cable from the box to the house to be replaced.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 23 of 231 (24,645 Views)

Yea fascinating...this has to be the longest living string of conversation about bad service...ever....Maybe they will catch up with it one day.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 24 of 231 (24,650 Views)

I have had 5 different techs, all they do is scratch their heads. The other answer is change the box. This is my 4th one.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 25 of 231 (24,661 Views)

Noise ingress from the neighbors. This can be seen on the cable lines by Comcast techs if they are doing maintenance.

I had that issue at my house, noise coming back into the system from my house. Turned out to be a old section of cable that the braided sheathing had worn away on one spot. A Comcast tech spotted it on the system doing routine maintenance.

Replaced the cable and no outgoing noise from my house. The tech told me that a lot of other homes in my town have the same noise ingress to Comcast cables. He also said it can be from older crimp on connectors or corroded fittings.

Just some ideas.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 26 of 231 (24,662 Views)

heternacaw

It can be noise getting into the system, or issues on the feeders with fittings and the agc on the amps.  Comcast most likely needs to balance the system and check for ingress of noise getting into the system, and check for corrorded fittings and other damage to the hard line.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 27 of 231 (24,670 Views)

I have had this problem for over 2 years, the only time I had a solid pic without temp black screen, blinking etc, was for six days after the hurricane when a a majority of my surrounding neighbors did not have power and or cable. Once everyone powered up, problem came back.[and is still here!] How do u explain that?

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 28 of 231 (24,672 Views)

shiprider wrote:

I reread, you are right regarding specific channel, not what I wanted to say at all,   mistyped was preoccupied,  meant aggregate signal at popular time slots like football games, NCIS, prime time etc.  not individual channelsMore people on the cable watching tv and using internet simultaneously more load on signal being distributed in neighborhood, weaker signal coming to each home, then take into account old underground wiring, corroded street box connections and the incoming low signal and then you see as you said specific channels dropping out (frequency dependent as you said)

I will still share that the cable system is designed to supply the exact signal within a couple of DB of signal level to each port on the tap to feed each home.  Usage and connections will not vary that signal level available.  

If there are signal variations more than a couple of DB from summer to winter, there are other issues either on the feeder, or on the drop.  It is nothing to do with useage of TV or internet.  These levels do not change when a cable box or modem is turned on and people are watching TV.  Levels should stay across the board if equipment is connected or not, or equipment is turned on or not.

These systems are just not designed to have the signal levels drained by useage or connected equipment.

If levels are changing it is for another reason including damaged drops, loose / corrorded fittings or other coax related damage or workmanship.  This certainly can include upstream into Comcast's RF portion of the plant.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 29 of 231 (24,677 Views)

My original cable was put in 1996. Signal level in the RF Parameter Screen showed Red -18 dbmV. Tech is suppose to schedule the entrance cable replacement. That was almost three weeks ago. Still awaiting Comcast to come out. Right now the signal level bounces between Yellow and White. The White normally reads a whopping -8dbmV. The tech did verify the low signal coming in from old cable.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 30 of 231 (24,686 Views)

I reread, you are right regarding specific channel, not what I wanted to say at all,   mistyped was preoccupied,  meant aggregate signal at popular time slots like football games, NCIS, prime time etc.  not individual channelsMore people on the cable watching tv and using internet simultaneously more load on signal being distributed in neighborhood, weaker signal coming to each home, then take into account old underground wiring, corroded street box connections and the incoming low signal and then you see as you said specific channels dropping out (frequency dependent as you said)

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 31 of 231 (24,700 Views)

shiprider wrote:

The signal can also be affected by the popularity (number of people watching) of the individual channel or program in your neighborhood.  For example I used to have the problem most when trying to watch NCIS, Sunday football games, etc.

shiprider

This is a wrong statement, it is impossible for the neighbord watching the same show to affect your signal and channels.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 32 of 231 (15,631 Views)

Still no cable replacement. The cable box shows in the RF Parameter Screen anywhere from -8 to -14 dbmV. It shows Yellow right now. Most of the time it is RED with the lower signal coming in. Best signal I have seen was -8 dbmV but that was rare. If the signal level is White then the channels work properly. But when the signal hits the RED all kinds of screen pixelazation and audio issues show up.

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-19-2013 04:16 PM

Contributor

Message 33 of 231 (15,634 Views)

[ Edited ]

Disregard this,  I sort of had a disconnect between my head and my fingers.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 34 of 231 (15,645 Views)

Signal issues many times can only affect part of the band of frequencies, knocking out only some channels. There might be some channels out that you do not receive as part of your package.

The tech will have a signal level meter that will check the complete band of frequencies, signal level and noise at the ground block, and at each TV outlet.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 35 of 231 (15,649 Views)

Why would it be a signal problem when other HD channels are not having issues at the same time?    

Just ch629 is having issues which happends to be discovery channel and the shows that I like Smiley Sad

JayInAlg wrote:

Don't waste your time exchanging the DVR.  Wait for the tech to check the signals, both at the ground block and at each TV outlet.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 36 of 231 (15,656 Views)

Don't waste your time exchanging the DVR.  Wait for the tech to check the signals, both at the ground block and at each TV outlet.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 37 of 231 (15,659 Views)

Well im here as a new customer of 1 day...    

My first recording of Gold Rush ch621 is  tiling,pixelation,freezing.     Other HD are fine at the same time..  For awhile the signal is fantastic, then it will go out for minutes or more at a time.

So to me it looks like the problem is located at the source... Im wondering is popular shows are causing an issue....

Not a great way to start a new service.    and BTW, the RNG200 is TERRIBLE.   Please FIX.

Tech is heading out next week, and im going to try to replace my new/OLD RNG200 tomorrow.

Comcast wake up!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 38 of 231 (15,826 Views)

Great Comcast service, still no tech scheduled to replaced entrance cable. Still receiving full bill for intermittant service. What a great business to deal with. Looking at FiOS since Verizon is in town now.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 39 of 231 (15,886 Views)

These complaints are from 2011. I've had the same problems since I switched to Comcast 4 or 5 years ago. Several techs, countless hours on the phone and online still no reslution to the problem in 2013. I have an HD TV and pay for HD DVR, but can't watch my TV on HDMI or the screen goes green and freezes altogether, so I put up intermittent freeze and loss of sound on AV2 DVD.... No one at Comcast can figure it out. Unfortunately, Direct TV during rainy season in the South is not an option.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 40 of 231 (15,989 Views)

I compare the "unplug your box check all connections" instructions as being like "get hot water and towels"...keeps you distracted from what is really going on.

I believe that since Xfinity took over the Comcast service they don't have the infrastructure to support their campaign, and those of us in 'secondary' markets aren't getting the equipment and support that is being promised.

The last tech guy that came out gave me some thinly veiled suggestions that the boxes we are are temporary (CISCO) patches because the company doesn't have the capacity to give us the boxes we are supposed to have.

A couple of years ago I had a salesman call me and ask if I wanted the whole home service with all updated boxes, etc etc and when I said yes, and he went to order them he came back on and apologized - 'whoops, they aren't available in your area yet' and said he was calling from Denver, and that my area wasn't up on the loop to get the new services yet.

I have also asked a couple of times to have the security system explained to me that I see advertised on TV ads; when I get someone, they can't quite explain it and they say that locally there aren't any real experts on it yet.

Apparently in Santa Fe, these problems are not experienced..it's a higher income area and a smaller population.

I see a pattern. Smiley Happy

Posted by
Visitor

Message 41 of 231 (16,000 Views)

For the last month or so I have had major issues with pixelation, picture fading in and out, and loss of sound. Last Friday I exchanged a DVR that I had for two and a half years for a CISCO model RNG200N "an upgrade according to Comcast". The connections have been triple checked. The box has been unplugged numerous times, but the problem persist. I have had great picture quality up until a month or two ago, but now have to contend with this constant picture and sound issues.

I'm thinking our neighborhood has some outdated equipment.

Any help..........besides the generic "unplug your box, check all connections" would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 42 of 231 (16,011 Views)

threedogday wrote:

We are in this same situation...It only happpens late in the evening and on channel 806 and 808 from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton...Come on Comcast you're better than that and with the high fees we are monopolized with, we deserve the very best of service and support

Share what happened when the tech came out.  Without a tech visit, it will not fix itself.  Signal issues are most of the time very local to your location, and only a tech visit can find and fix the issue.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 43 of 231 (16,014 Views)

We are in this same situation...It only happpens late in the evening and on channel 806 and 808 from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton...Come on Comcast you're better than that and with the high fees we are monopolized with, we deserve the very best of service and support

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 44 of 231 (16,120 Views)

HI

I had the same set of problems recently and as well 2 months ago. The tech that came out last week was great- he tracked it down to a bad fitting on the tap at the pole. He replaced that fitting and several others and problem solved. Goodluck.

Posted by
Edited on
‎12-26-2012 01:07 PM

Frequent Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 45 of 231 (16,147 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've been having the same exact issues for months now...I started a separate thread here:

//forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Sound-keeps-going-in-and-out-and-or-picture-freezing...

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 46 of 231 (16,157 Views)

Nope!  Not ever.

I think it would be interesting to have this go viral.

There was a time that if I posted a complaint to Twitter I would get a phone call almost immediately.  Once my phone service was out for 4 days and it was the only way that I got any tech help to fix it.

But, they have discontinued that "service".  I even found some Comcast employees on Facebook (they make themselves known as Comcast tech help) and posted to their walls....no response.

I suspect that Comcast is overwhelmed with complaints and just ignores everyone.

Last week I stayed on hold for 20 minutes after a tech advisor said they would be right 'back' to me.....she simply hung up on me and put me in cue.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 47 of 231 (16,181 Views)

I've said multiple times that I haven't seen anybody report that they actually got help as a result of this forum from Comcast, how about it folks has Comcast called or e-mailed any of you as a result of this forum?  Has anybody actually gotten any online help from Comcast on this forum?   Other than us giving each other  advice I firmly believe the only reason Comcast hosts this site is to give us all a place to vent and the illusion they are listening.  If you have any other choice grab it.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 48 of 231 (16,188 Views)

this is the second post i have made about this problem that ive been experiencing for a few months, and hopefully whoever from Comcast is monitoring this forum can have the tech's or customer service give me a call and fix this (like has happened for the very few people i have read about on here) before i tell everyone i know to stay away, and dump their service FOREVER

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 49 of 231 (16,257 Views)

I'm still getting nowhere with my pixelating picture and sound dropouts.  Now the image occasionally freezes, and the only way to restore it is to change to a different channel and then come back to the first one again.  We had two TVs tuned to the same HD channel (804 NBC) when this happened, and both froze.  I gave up calling them and having to go through the same routine again and again (unplug the cable box and wait 30 seconds...).  I tried writing directly to Rick Germano, but then I received a reply from some off-shore person who apologized for my problems and apparently understood and sympathized with me and promised that someone would call me and definitely resolve my issue.  After a couple weeks without a return call, I tried again.  Same story:

"I am genuinely sorry for the still problem with Hallmark Ch 830 cutting in and out with the sound as well as it pixelating as well. I can certainly understand how frustrating this has been as well. You have reached the right person, and I will be more than happy to assist you today.

I understand that you are still experiencing a problem with Hallmark HD ch 830 pixelating and the sound cutting in and out. Mr. ____, I can understand just how aggravating this has been and I do want you to know that your concern regarding this channel has been heard as well. I have gone in and created a Trouble ticket CR_________ and someone from our Tier 2 department will be in contact with you within 24-72 hrs. They will be able to go in and fix this problem remotely."

I received that email on Dec 10 and today is Dec 24.  Nobody from Comcast has contacted me yet.  Did they mean 24-72 hours or 24-72 days?

I talked to my father yesterday, who is a Comcast triple play customer.  All of his local channels went out during a football game yesterday.  It seems as if Comcast is too busy buying TV networks that they have lost sight of where the money to make these acquisitions is coming from.  Comcast really is a joke, and this is unfortunate because a year or two ago their customer service did improve dramatically, but now it's back to its usual pitiful state again.  All talk and no walk.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 50 of 231 (16,338 Views)

Finally got Comcast to send a tech out. Low signal in. The service cable was origanlly installed 1994. He is scheduling to have a new service cable to be installed to replace the older type of RG6 Cable. We will see after the new cable is installed.