Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Picture size

Regular Visitor

Picture size

I have a flat screen TV and comcast digital HD service.  When viewing channels 1 through 699 the picture is in the middle of the screen with a black border around it.  The HD channels 701 and up are perfect.  They fit the whole screen and the quality is very good.  Is there any way I can get the non HD channels to fit the whole screen.  I called 1-800-Xfinity.  An exercise in futility.

Segison

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Picture size

if you have a motorola box turn the box off with it off press menu on the remote.   where it says 4:3 override set that to stretch that will stretch the non hd programming to fill your screen. 

Problem Solver

I always feel people's faces look strangely stretched out and distorted, but some people must like stretched mode.

Valued Contributor

These steps also work for the Cisco boxes too Cat Very Happy

Regular Visitor

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I do appreciate it and will try it.

Regular Contributor

recently I have encountered the same problem but all my channels are affected I follow the steps you mentioned but what I do notice is on the option of other HDMI preferences it has input, color, and audio my color reads Y 4 4 4  but I change it to RGB and my problem is corrected, but if I turn off my cable box it reverts back to Y 4 4 4 then I have to the steps again!!