Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Pace Vegas SD DVR (Pace 575 and 577 models)

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 1 of 2

We are working to improve your experience with our products and services. To make sure you can take advantage of the latest video updates, customers with a Pave Vegas 575 SD DVR or the Pace Vegas 577 SD DVR are being asked to exchange these set-top boxes for a newer model set-top box.

All impacted customers with this model are expected to receive additional information and notification via USPS First Class mail and a pre-recorded phone call.

Customers will no longer have access to previously saved recordings once replacing the DVR.

1. What does the set-top box look like?
Here (and below) is a picture of the set-top box we need to replace:

TDC575 [Vegas]-02 (2).jpg

2. How do I return my old set-top box?

Take it to a Comcast Customer Service Center and swap it out for a replacement box.  

To locate the nearest Comcast Customer Service Center, go to http://customer.xfinity.com/service-center-locations

A customer care agent will provide you a replacement box and give you a receipt for your records.

3. What about the DVR recordings on my old set-top box? 

Unfortunately, we’re unable to transfer your current DVR recordings to your new set-top box. We know losing your recordings is frustrating, and for that, we’re sorry.

4. I have some questions. Where can I go?
For additional information, ask in the thread below or give us a call anytime at 1-800-XFINITY.

(This thread is exclusively for customers with questions about replacing their Pace Vegas SD DVR).  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
TDC575 [Vegas]-03.jpg
TDC575 [Vegas]-02.jpg
1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

To provide some additional background, an issue has been identified in which customers who have either the Pace Vegas 575 SD DVR or the Pace Vegas 577 SD DVR are unable to view some XFINITY On Demand content from select content providers.

Customers with these specific set-top boxes may be able to view a small number of On Demand programs, but eventually the video will freeze and further attempts to view content will be unsuccessful.

Also - for customers with this set-top box that have DVR service - the Pace Vegas DVR has an 80 GB hard drive which is a fairly small hard drive by today's standards. An 80 GB DVR is able to store about 50 hours of SD programs. 

The replacement DVR will have at least twice as much hard drive space available – at least 160 GB and will be able to store about 100 hours of SD programs.

More space = more recordings can be saved.

All times are approximate. Actual recording time varies depending on the type of program being recorded. Recording times are estimates and are not guaranteed.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon