Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

PA PX013ANM runs loud

Regular Contributor

PA PX013ANM runs loud

Hello, recently I had to take my Comcast DVR/HD in and get a new one as the HD was going, most everything I recorded would have one or two sections where the content was pixelated and would freeze and then come back, eventually to freeze and not play.  So I lost a portion of my shows and some I could get onDemand.  So I took my old DVR in, I'm not sure now what model it was.  Comcast gave me the PA PX013ANM and I brought it home, plugged it in and was able to get it connected but it had a fan noise that was so loud, I could hear it even when watching the tv and sitting near it at my desk.  So I took it back and they gave me a new one.  I came home, set that up and it could not get past the three dots showing it was in process but never went beyond.  I tried looking on the Xfinity site and nothing helped.  So I took it back the next day and they gave me the third one.  I brought it home and have hooked it up and it is recording and running just fine... but it is also loud.  I can hear the fan of the DVR box all the time.  It is slightly quieter than the first one but still louder than the one I had to return originally.  I'm sitting here typing this with my TV off and the DVR hums loud enough that it is annoying.  Is this model known for being loud?  

Thank you in advance for any help,

Michelle

Michelle

Silver Problem Solver

Re: PA PX013ANM runs loud

It is not normal to hear the fan, it should be silent. Your only option is to keep swapping until you get a good one. 

New Poster

I have a similar problem with a XG1v4-A DVR/box with a white light. Switched to Comcast service a week ago and the box was VERY NOISY from the start. It makes a buzzing/whining sound all the time. The box cannot be switched off so the noise is constant. It is not as bad during the day when there are other background noises. I have to unplug it at night because the noise keeps me awake and the white light illuminates the room. I do not think it has a hard drive because I can access recorded programs from other TV's when the box is unplugged. The noise is probably caused by a cooling fan. The box runs VERY HOT. This is very annoying. It has been less than 30 days so I think I will cancel the Xfinity service. I don't need the aggravation.

Official Employee

Swap it out, you shouldn’t hear it at all and there’s a setting to turn that light off

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Just received our first DVR TV box from Comcast during our upgrade service call for Gigabit service.  Already had voice remote and a nice looking smaller box with a blue strip LED light.  The new box is bigger, has a clock on the front, a round button that is blue, and makes noise constantly!  It is loud and noticeable when the TV is turned off, and you must raise the volume of the TV when on to a level I normally don't use to drown out the box sound.  I guess another call to Comcast tomorrow.  Just had it installed yesterday.  It appears it is official...they should NOT make any noise.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation