Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

One house--two cable systems possible?

ANSWERED
Contributor

One house--two cable systems possible?

This is probably the most bizarre question of the night, but is it possible to have two cable systems in one house?  We currently have Comcast due to my wife wanting Hallmark which ATT no longer offered, but I MUCH prefer ATT.  I've never heard of this happening but I would be happy to have Comcast on one set and ATT on the others.  I would not care which had landline and internet service, but due to the setup of the house, would probably need to be Comcast having one set only, and ATT the other components. 

Accepted Solution

Re: One house--two cable systems possible?

Yes, you can mix Comcast, AT&T U-Verse, DirecTV, Dish Network all in the same home. 

They just can't share the same coax cables, the coax runs to the rooms would need to be separate.  It would be easy for the U-Verse as the gateway can go in her room, all it needs is one coax, separate phone line or a cat-5 networking cable to that room.

Just don't let the U-Verse installer chop up the existing coax for the Comcast connections, or you will have a mess.  It needs to be separated.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

Yes, you can mix Comcast, AT&T U-Verse, DirecTV, Dish Network all in the same home. 

They just can't share the same coax cables, the coax runs to the rooms would need to be separate.  It would be easy for the U-Verse as the gateway can go in her room, all it needs is one coax, separate phone line or a cat-5 networking cable to that room.

Just don't let the U-Verse installer chop up the existing coax for the Comcast connections, or you will have a mess.  It needs to be separated.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Man, did you just make my life 100% better.  I made a HUGH mistake by bringing Comcast into this house and continue to have more issues with them since November 30th than I  EVER had with ATT.  I'm gonna change from this outfit next week!!!!!

Contributor

Just had a chat with an AT&T guy and if Comcast does not try to gouge me for downgrading service (as though it is not already low enough) I'm changing back to ATT for three of the sets next week, Comcast on one set.  Not sure who will have the internet service, but probably ATT as their overall price, albeit introductory, is much better than the Comcast overall price and then my wife and i both have channels we want.  Everybody wins.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation