members

online now

discussions

One channel on one box has sound no picture

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

For some reason on one of our boxes, the HD channel for Investigation Discovery has sound, but it doesn't have picture. This appears to be the only channel doing this, but this channel works on the other box in the house. I've never had any major issues like this before. It just happened last night. I tried unplugging the box, letting it sit for a few minutes, then plugging it back in. Nothing. I called Comcast and they reset the devices and still nothing.

Any idea what is causing this?

Edit: Actually, having done more extensive looking around, several channels seem to be doing this. Sound but no picture.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Hello UncleEzio, I can assist you with getting your sound error cleared up for this channel. Since this is the only equipment that is having the issue we may need to replace the equipment, but first I need to ask a few questions to help you. Does the sound go out intermittently? Do you have issues with all programs on this channel or just one show? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon