Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Motorola DCX3400 audio problem

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Motorola DCX3400 audio problem

I'm trying to help my dad solve an audio issue with his cable box. He has a Motorola DCX3400, connected to the TV with an HDMI cable. He also has a pair of wireless headphones connected to the RCA output jacks for watching TV at night when his wife is asleep.

The issue he is having is that while the audio to the headphones is fine when watching TV regularly, it does not play properly on DVR recorded programs, playing some unidentified music instead.

Is it possible that the audio settings for the cable box are causing this, and if so, what are the correct settings?
Accepted Solution

Re: Motorola DCX3400 audio problem

Hi, I was the one with the issues, not Andy. (Actually it was my dad, I am helping him.)

I visited him over the holidays, and when i connected his headphones to the RCA output jacks on his cable box, the headphones worked perfectly. I'm not sure how he had them connected previously, but they are functioning properly now.

Thanks to all who offered assistance. 

View answer in context
Tags (3)
Silver Problem Solver

When the headphones get the music, does the TV get the real audio? Does it happen with different recorded channels?

Regular Visitor

Yes, during DVR playback, the TV (connected via HDMI) will play the normal audio, while the headphones (connected via RCA jacks) will play music.
Silver Problem Solver

Very, very odd. I have a secondary TV in a bedroom I have connected to the cable box via an RF modulator. It uses the RCA audio and video outputs. It has the same audio as the main TV when playing a recording. Does it do this for ALL recordings, or just from a certain channel or two?

Regular Visitor

Yes, for all recordings according to my dad. And both of his cable boxes behave the same way.
Silver Problem Solver

Although odd, verify some of the audio settings in MENU/MENU/Setup/Audio Setup:

Default Audio Track = Channel Default

Descriptive Video Service = Off

Official Employee

Hi Andy, 

Are you still having audio issues? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi, I was the one with the issues, not Andy. (Actually it was my dad, I am helping him.)

I visited him over the holidays, and when i connected his headphones to the RCA output jacks on his cable box, the headphones worked perfectly. I'm not sure how he had them connected previously, but they are functioning properly now.

Thanks to all who offered assistance. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation