Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Monthly cost for 1 more cablecard

Contributor

Monthly cost for 1 more cablecard

I already have 2 cablecards....is an additional one $1.50/month?

UPDATE: Well, I went to the local Xfinity office. They wanted to charge me $9.95 for another cable card PLUS $9.95 for my  2nd cablecard I already have. So to just get 1 more cablecard would cost me $19.90 more/month. What a joke. I thought 1st cablecard was free, 2nd and more than that was $1.50/cablecard?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Monthly cost for 1 more calecard

You should only be charged for a CableCard if you have more than one of them installed in a single device (some older Tivos). Note that Comcast sometimes calls a charge a "CableCard Fee" when it's actually an Additional Outlet fee. Also, for each device with a CableCard you should be receiving a $2.50/month Customer Owned Equipment credit. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/about-cablecards.

Contributor

@BruceW wrote:

You should only be charged for a CableCard if you have more than one of them installed in a single device (some older Tivos). Note that Comcast sometimes calls a charge a "CableCard Fee" when it's actually an Additional Outlet fee. Also, for each device with a CableCard you should be receiving a $2.50/month Customer Owned Equipment credit. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/about-cablecards.

Yes, I have 1 for the living room, have one in the bedroom and need another one for a bedroom.

Contributor

Re: Monthly cost for 1 more cablecard

Admin1

Hi bckoopman -- The information BruceW has provided has helpful information about CableCARDs. You are not charged for your first CableCARD. CableCARDs are $1.50 only when they are added to the same TiVo you're already using. Older TiVo models had a dual-CableCARD option. CableCARDs are $9.95 when added to an additional TiVo that uses a single-card option. Newer TiVo's only have a single-card option. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

@bckoopman wrote: ... I have 1 for the living room, have one in the bedroom and need another one for a bedroom.

Be aware that, for each Cablecard device you have activated, you should be receiving a $2.50/month Customer Owned Equipment Credit (see https://www.xfinity.com/equipmentpolicy). In some markets, instead of charging a $9.95 fee for additional outlets and listing the Equipment Credit separately, they combine the two amounts for additional Cablecard devices and charge a $9.95-$2.50 = $7.45 Additional Outlet fee.

New Poster

Hi Zach,

My first Xfinity Forums post, so here we go.

I have a single TiVo Bolt with a single Cablecard that apparently wasn't authorized property.  While going through the on-line process I noticed three devices were listed, which then caused me to go look at my Comcast invoices, OMG, crazy charges (same as this thread).  Now I've spent a good amount of time looking around on the forum and see that many have the same situation.  I am being overcharged, and have been for a long time.  What should I do???

Thanks in advance.

@ComcastZach
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation