Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Missing various premium channels on my motorola and tivo premier cable card channels. Please help.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3 (88 Views)

Missing various premium channels on my motorola and tivo premier cable card channels. Please help.

We have been with Comcast for over 20 years and never had a problem with my Tivo Premier - cablecard, and Motorola digital tuner. Approx 3 weeks ago, I aquired another Tivo Premier and contacted Comcast to pair the cablecard. That was unsuccessful and they sent a tech out to evaluate the line. Tech said the box was bad as it wouldn't load the channel lineup. After searching the forums, I got a new cablecard and the Tivo loaded properly. I then contacted Comcast again to pair the cablecard and they said the'll send a tech out to set up the new Tivo. This time I noticed my original Tivo was NOT able to get most HBO, Cinemax and Showtime channels. The screen said "In order to start cable service for this device,please contact your cable provider 1877-405-2298" A few days later I  all my channels, phone and internet was out. The phone support said she sent some diagnostic online and was not able to access my modem. She blamed it on an unpublished outage. Lucklily, I had a prearranged appointment the next day. The technician came out and it turned out in the interim, my neighbor's Comcast installer had disconnected my cable at the pole, and hooked up my neighbor leaving me completely without service. The tech was able to get me hooked up again, called support and paired my cablecards. Now my Tivo boxes are paired but NOT able to get most HBO, SHO, MAX channels. In addition, my original Motorola digital box cannot get any premium, HBO, SHO, Stars or MAX as well as channels 30- 70's. I called Comcast again today and the pushed me around to yet another cablecard division and voice tree that ended up nowhere. Online support suggested  something was wrong with the Tivo and recommended I switch all my boxes to xfinity X1. I told her everything was working fine 3 weeks ago and that wouldn't explain why my motorola isn't working properly. I'm hoping to get some help from this forum as phone and tech support is not getting me anywhere. Getting ready to look for other alternatives. Jim

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 3 (66 Views)

Re: Missing various premium channels on my motorola and tivo premier cable card channels. Please hel

jimfixit,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Administrator

Message 3 of 3 (34 Views)

Re: Missing various premium channels on my motorola and tivo premier cable card channels. Please ...

Hi jimfixit -- I can help with your channel issue. As your CableCard pairing has been verified we won't need to do that however I will need some TiVo information. Can you provide the following please:

TiVo Types

TiVo Serial Numbers

OOB Status

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon