Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Make cable box automatically switch to HD station

Regular Visitor

Make cable box automatically switch to HD station

I've become very fustrated with having to click "Watch in HD" on the channels whenever I switch to them. I can't find the option anywhere in the guide. As such, I've asked Comcast online techs about it and they think "Auto-Tune" is the solution... per documentation and my testing it is not.

So, has anyone been able to figure this out? It seems like a super simple solution.

Thanks in advance!

Problem Solver

Re: Make cable box automatically switch to HD station

When you tune to a regular channel that has an HD equivilant, you will get that message.  You should be able to create a list of your favorite channels that are only HD.  There is no other automatic option.

Frequent Visitor

I just by chance found using the X1 box a setting to tune to HD channels.  It is under Settings, Preferences - General Overview "Auto-tune to HD channels: On"

Official Employee

wrmclain wrote:

When you tune to a regular channel that has an HD equivilant, you will get that message.  You should be able to create a list of your favorite channels that are only HD.  There is no other automatic option.

In addition to the posts above, another option to be aware of in our non-X1 boxes is the HDTV Menu.

Using the silver Comcast remote control, press the Menu button once, then arrow over the right to the HD icon on the Quick Menu.  Press OK-Select. 

Some good HD channel list options there, no Favorites list required.    

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation