Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Losing Everything a Couple Times A Day

Frequent Visitor

Losing Everything a Couple Times A Day

Starting last week, I seem to be losing my "cable".  Mostly occurs in the evening hours.  Symptoms are: I get no TV channels and no Internet.    On the side of my house, I have the cable equipment and their is a spliter in that box.  One set of the coax comes into the house and goes to my router and the other set goes to my TV; a rather simple setup.  

When I lose my "cable" 1) the blue upstream and downstream lights flash and 2) No channels on my TV work.   The last few days about 30 minutes later my TV comes back, shortly followed by the internet.

WHen this happened a few days ago I called "support" and the tech was really focusssed on the router.  She was sending resets to it and having me unplug it and plug it back in (which I had done already).  I tried to get her to look at the connection in general, but no luck.   I finally gave up and about 20 minutes later everything worked.

Last night, while I wasn't home, my wife texted me and said it was all down again.   About 45 minutes later is was all back up again.  When I got home it was good.  Then about 10 p.m. it was down and when I went to bed at 11 p.m. it was still down.  When I woke up at 6 a.m. it was all better again.

From my observation it is two seperate things that are impacted (TV and Internet).  They use different COAX, so it isn't anything in the house.   My neighbors aren't impacted and are fine.   What could it be?

Dennis

Official Employee

Re: Losing Everything a Couple Times A Day

dlongnecker, I was going to suggest it might be an issue at the node causing this, but if your neighbors are fine, it may not be the case. Let's take a closer look. Please send me a private message with your full name and address for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation