Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I would like to change my TV plan but do I have to switch out the equipment?

New Poster

I would like to change my TV plan but do I have to switch out the equipment?

We don't need the amount of channels we have now and since the price has gone up I looked only to try and change our plan.  It seems like if I proceed it will require a changing of the boxes.  I do not want to go through that again.  Can you not change/downgrade a plan without changing out equipment?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: I would like to change my TV plan but do I have to switch out the equipment?

You shouldn't need to change boxes. They just de-authorize channels that are not in you current plan. If you drop DVR service, they will probably just disable that feature.

Official Employee

Re: I would like to change my TV plan but do I have to switch out the equipment?

Hi LINDA_SCOTT, in most cases no you won't have to swap out your equipment. If you currently have old equipment or SD only cable boxes and you want to subscribe to a TV package that is HD only then you would need to update your equipment. Also if you chose comes with a free DVR then the screen will prompt you to chose new equipment as well. Please let me know if you need further assistance switching to another TV package, I am more than happy to help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation