Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How long after activation for signal to appear?

New Poster

How long after activation for signal to appear?

Hi - This afternoon, I activated a new Comcast / Xfinity HD box for my TV.

Every channel now shows "One moment please, this channel should be available shortly" code SOaOO.

It's looked like this for over an hour now.  The telephone start-up menu suggested it may take as long as 45 minutes.

How long does this procedure REALLY take?  Last time we did this, it was about 20 minutes.

Thanks, Bruce

Official Employee

Re: How long after activation for signal to appear?

How sure are you that you're getting a live signal to your cable box, that message means there is no signal.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have no idea - but

1 - The channel numbers and pertinent station information all show up across the bottom - only the picture says "wait a moment."

2 - I called the start-up number twice - and both times the recorded voice told me that my machine was ready to be actoivated, and sent the codes, which had an obvious effect on my screen.

If I am not connected, how could either of these things happened?

Did something disconnect partway through?

I am REALLY confused.  Thanks!

New Poster

And now it blinks out quickly every 5 seconds, and reappears again.

When I switch off the power, no matter what channel I have it tuned to, it resets to channel 2.

Silver Problem Solver

The box should activate and work instantly. The guide can take a while to load.

Seems like you have a bad signal, chack connections or call for support (yuk).

New Poster

Hi, I just got over this problem after spending 400 plus minutes and probably 10 calls on the phone with comcast cs people.  Apparently with the box there is a certain way to code the boxes.  All of the cs people should be able to figure this out because the last guy we talked to recognized it right away and said it just takes a few minutes.  We kept being told to wait 30 minutes for it to load and call back if it doesn't.  After this guy made the changes everything appeared at the same time and it has been fine since.  I am  not sure why some comcast cs know this and others don't.    You should tell them it has something to do with the rng 100 (not sure that's the exact numbers on the box)  It also helps to speak to Americans, because all the out sourced people would only send a signal and tell me to wait and it would come on shortly and if not call back tomorrow.  By the way the guy that finally was able to help us was in Ann Arbor, MI.  I asked the last time I called to make sure I was gonna speak to someone in the states.  You can actually ask to speak to someone in the US and they are required to transfer you.  Good Luck and I hope this helps.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation