Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HDHomerun Prime not receiving correct channel package and DRM issues

ANSWERED
New Poster

HDHomerun Prime not receiving correct channel package and DRM issues

I've had internet service through comcast for 14 years, and just over a week ago signed up for a double play package with TV.  After a week of phone support telling me there couldn't be a filter on my service line, I finally had a tech come out and remove one so my HDHomerun can actually scan channels.  The issue is that I'm signed up for starter, but it's only scanning the economy package channels (local network stations like CBS, NBC, etc), and all of them have DRM flags such that they can't be viewed on android devices or media center extenders.  

Is there some way I could get in contact with someone that knows about this hardware and could possibly fix this?  The last advanced support tech I talked to ended our call by telling me that the hardware wasn't supported and she only knew about tivos and rokus.  

Supplimental info: 

A couple days ago even my account page on the website and the streaming app was showing local channels only, though the billing page showed starter double play.  After a couple hours with phone support that was sorted out so my channel list on my account page shows the correct channels and I can stream them.  One of the mid level techs told me there was an error when I was signed up (at my local comcast store) where they somehow signed me up for two packages, which makes some sense since they didn't actually know how to add service with just a cable card at the store.  They ultimately accomplished it by adding and removing services a few times.

Accepted Solution

Re: HDHomerun Prime not receiving correct channel package and DRM issues

So of course shortly after I posted this I got a response from Silicon Dust tech support, and I tried the advanced support number again and they were actually able to solve the issue.

The key phrase in the response from SD that I relayed was that the provider needed to send a refresh signal (which many had been doing before) AND a "cold hit."  I don't know if this was the difference, but after 3 calls since the trap was removed this was the one that worked.

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: HDHomerun Prime not receiving correct channel package and DRM issues

So of course shortly after I posted this I got a response from Silicon Dust tech support, and I tried the advanced support number again and they were actually able to solve the issue.

The key phrase in the response from SD that I relayed was that the provider needed to send a refresh signal (which many had been doing before) AND a "cold hit."  I don't know if this was the difference, but after 3 calls since the trap was removed this was the one that worked.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation