New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HDHomeRun Prime - DRM on HBO channels

New Poster

HDHomeRun Prime - DRM on HBO channels

Hello:

I just exchanged my cablebox for a cablecard and setup my HDHomeRun Prime.  I am having the same issue as other posters here where preimum channels, such as HBO have DRM enabled and thus can't be viewed.  Can this be turned off for those channels?

Thanks,

Andy

New Poster

Re: HDHomeRun Prime - DRM on HBO channels

I'm having the same issue, is there some limitation viewing HBO with a Comcast cable card? It's leased from Comcast. 

Official Employee

Hi @Bradastan. I can assist with HBO not working on your cable card. We may need to send a signal to the card. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Thanks, I actually called yesterday and they were able to send that signal to get the card to work, however, none of my Android TV devices can view the channel, there is only the message that the channel cannot be displayed. I rely on those boxes to watch everything throughout my house so it appears it won't work. Only watching with the windows version of HDhomerun viewer works but that's not what I have connected to my TV's.

Thanks anyway but it appears HBO isn't in my future.

..... Brad
Official Employee

If you are having trouble logging into HBO Go or on XFINITY Stream, I can check the provisioning for your username to see if that might be caused by entitlements. If so, send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

This is another issue I ran into, HBO Go, as it turns out, is not authorized to play on Android TV devices.  It works on my phone, but not on a set top box with Xfinity (it specifically says this when i try to log in with my Xfinity credentials).  So streaming to my TV isn't an option.  

I've decided I will just get HBO Now which does run on Android TV.  THanks for trying but every avenue gets shut down with Comcast in this situation.  

....Brad

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation