Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HDHomeRUN Prime - can't get channel list

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Hi,

I recently moved to a new area.  My cablecard says it is paired correctly - verified with various phone techs but I am not receiving any channel list. 

In the network setup menu:

VCTID: 6  but VCT: 0 

From reading other posts my understanding is VCT should not be zero.  Can anyone help with this please. 

thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2 of 4

From the HDHomerun trouble shooting page

If the VCTID is something other than 0 but VCT/VCT Rcvd is 0, this indicates that the CableCARD has been configured incorrectly by the cable provider and is not receiving a channel lineup as a result. The provider will typically need to change the hub or headend setting associated with the card in their system. In the case of Comcast, this is not something that can be performed by a phone representative. Either the phone representative needs to escalate the issue to the local operations/warehouse/addressability people, or a tech needs to visit, and make a call to those same people and have them correct the setting."

Can anyone at comcast assist with this. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 4

shuggie68 wrote:

Hi,

I recently moved to a new area.  My cablecard says it is paired correctly - verified with various phone techs but I am not receiving any channel list. 

In the network setup menu:

VCTID: 6  but VCT: 0 

From reading other posts my understanding is VCT should not be zero.  Can anyone help with this please. 

thanks in advance 

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have escalated your issue to the right teams so that we can get all of your subscribed channels for you on your cable card device.

That team will review your account and contact you directly. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4

shuggie68 wrote:

From the HDHomerun trouble shooting page

If the VCTID is something other than 0 but VCT/VCT Rcvd is 0, this indicates that the CableCARD has been configured incorrectly by the cable provider and is not receiving a channel lineup as a result. The provider will typically need to change the hub or headend setting associated with the card in their system. In the case of Comcast, this is not something that can be performed by a phone representative. Either the phone representative needs to escalate the issue to the local operations/warehouse/addressability people, or a tech needs to visit, and make a call to those same people and have them correct the setting."

Can anyone at comcast assist with this. 

Apologies for the delay and thanks again for your patience.

Seems that you moved from an area where we use Motorola equipment and cable cards to an area where we have Cisco-Scientific Atlanta infrastructure and cable cards. We have shipped you the correct cable card type for your new area and expectations are that it should arrive in 2-3 days.

Apologies for the confusion and thanks for your patience.     

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon