Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HDCP - HDMI issues with DCX3400

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 16 (7,341 Views)

Has anyone been able to get one of the DCX3400's working with a av receiver through HDMI?  

Comcast support is clueless, shocker.  I want to use the new 3d technology of the equipment I already paid for and the comcast box is not performing a correct handshake for hdmi.

any solutions out there?   Or move to DirecTv?

15 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 16 (7,332 Views)

Re: HDCP - HDMI issues with DCX3400

Can you be more specific?  What does your configuration look like?  What is working?  What is not?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 16 (7,330 Views)

Sure, sorry.

Comcast DCX3400 going into Yamaha HTR-5063 audio receiver using HDMI.   From receiver to Mitsubishi WD-73737 3D HDTV using HDMI.

Comcast works fine directly into the tv, but when placed into the receiver there is a HDCP issue causing a blinking green screen on the tv.   I do get about a second of video first.

Yamaha support says that there is issues with motorolla boxes and they don't correctly passthrough HDCP.

There is only 1 HDMI 3d input into the television, hence the need for the receiver as I have a playstation that I use for blueray that also does 3d.

Its a pain to have to switch hdmi inputs on the back of the tv to display 3d content in the medium of choice, and 3d does not work with component cables (component works on the comcast box)

searches for this issue results in tons of posts regarding comcast equipment, but none recently making me wonder if anyone has gotten it working correctly.

Thanks for the read, and appreciate any help anyone can lend.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 4 of 16 (7,321 Views)

No one has gotten the Mits 3D to work going through a AVR yet with Motorola set top boxes.

As of now you need to route the HDMI from the STB right to the TV (or Mits 3D adapter if your using one), and then run a optical audio line from the STB to the AVR for the surround sound.

The set top boxes are limited for only 2 devices on the HDMI, so that is what messes with the Mits 3D adapter box.

Since you have a 737 series Mits DLP, I as assuming you have the 3D adapter box inline on the HDMI cable. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 16 (7,008 Views)

An old thread, but has this been fixed yet? I have the same issue. The dcx3400 does not pass through more than 1 HDMI devices downstream. In my case as in this original post, that's set top box, through a switch, then through a 3d adapter, then to tv.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 16 (6,857 Views)

It actually does work. I have a Mits 82738 - Denon AVR-791 - Comcast DCX3400.

Must have latest spec HDMI cables. Try switching to 720P.

Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 16 (6,846 Views)

Thanks! Yes I noticed they fixed this. Unfortunately something's wrong with my 3d adapter now so it'd want matter anymore....blah
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 8 of 16 (6,770 Views)

HDMI doesn't work direct to our Toshiba 52HMX94 whereas the old box did. Just swaped for a DCX3400 because our old box died.

This really sucks... guess I need to drive back to get a component cable.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 9 of 16 (6,748 Views)

Just tried a factory reset on the toshiba. The cable box works fine over hdmi now. I only tried it because the blu-ray player stoped working and figured a reset might work.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 10 of 16 (6,698 Views)

I think this is the right thread for this.

I have a Motorola 3400M, and also have a problem when I connect through an AV receiver to my TV. Every so often the screen goes black for about a second. Sometimes the sound will drop out.

The dropout is apparently a synch loss somewhere along the chain. Yamaha says it's a problem with the Motorola box, and that's also the word on the net.

Apparently that's the only 3D capable box available to me.

Suggestions?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 11 of 16 (6,389 Views)

Hey all,

So this seems like the appropriate forum for this question. So basically here is my set up and issue. I am running HDMI cable from DCX 3400 -> Yamaha RX-V67 receiver, and then HDMI from the receiver to -> Samsung LNA550 tv. I get great VIDEO but no AUDIO. I'm wondering if someone can help me troubleshoot this. From what I read I need to get to the "User settings" menu on the STB and go to "additional HDMI settings" and edit the audio output. However, when I go to access the menu, all I see is a blue bar on the bottom of the screen "quick menu" and no "addtl HDMI" options tab. Who knows if this is even the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 12 of 16 (6,386 Views)

you should post this as a new post as the last response was over two months ago if you want some assistance.  You will get more people reading it if no one has responded to it  previously

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 13 of 16 (6,385 Views)

here is the manual for that box.  Look at page 29.  You also might want to get the audio working on your tv fine and then hooking up to the receiver.  Also check the receiver manual to see if there are any setting you need to enable for hdmi through it.

http://www.motorola.com/web/Business/Products/TV%20Video%20Distribution/Customer%20Premises%20Equipm...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 14 of 16 (6,196 Views)

Comcast is working on a firmware update for the DCX3400.  The DCX3501 has newer firmware and allows more repeaters so it does work with the Mitsubshi 3D box and a receiver.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 16 (5,836 Views)

Has comcast provided an ETA on their firmware update?  These boxes have been out there with this issue for almost a year now..

Posted by
Contributor

Message 16 of 16 (5,834 Views)

As far as I know they were testing the update in September.  If their were any bugs they needed to resolve them and then ttey were planning a nationwide rollout.