Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

HD HomeRun Prime - No Validation Lock

Regular Visitor

HD HomeRun Prime - No Validation Lock

Ive been struggling for over a week to figure this issue out, including multiple support calls and now two seperate trips into the local Comcast offices (and 4 different cable cards).

I have a HD HomeRun Prime device. No matter which of the 4 different cable cards I've tried, I'm receiving the following status message: 

CableCARD Status
Card Manufacturer Motorola
Card Authentication success
Card Validation none
3DES encryption supported

OOB Frequency 75.250 MHz
OOB Lock 2.048 Mbps
Signal Strength 100% (20.0 dBmV)
Signal Quality 100% (40.2 d

Channel List none

On further research, when inspecting the Network Setup tab on the HDHomeRun, I'm seeing a VCTID number, but the VCT response is 0. From the fine folks at SiliconDust, the following:

"If the VCTID is something other than 0 but VCT/VCT Rcvd is 0, this indicates that the CableCARD has been configured incorrectly by the cable provider and is not receiving a channel lineup as a result. The provider will typically need to change the hub or headend setting associated with the card in their system."

There are numerous posts on the forums of people having a similar issue, and sometimes a Comcast Rep has responded via PM to resolve their problem. I'm hoping against hope that someone with the knowledge and ability to make similar corrections to the configuration of my card/account can step in and help resolve this matter. Thanks kindly in advance!

Regular Visitor

Re: HD HomeRun Prime - No Validation Lock

Update; went back to the local Comcast Store for the third time this weekend. Chatted with a customer service rep who made the strangest faces when describing my problem -- looked at my account -- and said the problem was that I needed a new cablecard (this makes my fifth card so far).

The rep was nice enough, but told me that there's nothing to be done except to send a technician out to inspect the hardware. Once it was finally made clear that I'm not using a Comcast issued device with the cable cards, he just shrugged and suggested we send out a technician anyways.

Apparently the earliest someone can come out is just under 2 weeks out. 

If there's anyone seeing this / or anyway that a knowledgable Comcast agent here can help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Official Employee

Hi brianj1980, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi Brianj1980,  thank you for your private message. Please reach back out if you are still needing assistance.

Thank you