Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Google home

New Poster

Google home

Has anyone found a way for Google Home Assistant to control the cable box to change channels?  So I could just say to my google mini "OK Google, change the channel to 730" and have it happen?

New Poster

Re: Google home

Me too, I'm in the same boat. Won't be purchasing Google Home mini or the regular Google Home until I know it can change the channel, pause or record Comcast content.

..¸¸.·´¯`·-> Greg Beddor // Portland SEO Consultant
Regular Contributor

Harmony Remote w/Hub does it fine with Google Home or Alexa.

-KP

New Poster

Not sure this will happen as Comcast has their own voice remote and is getting into the smarthome business. They will want to charge you to be be able to do it.

New Poster

Yes, it seems that the Harmony or Broad hubs can do it, as they convert commands from the internet (from Alexa or Google home) to infrared for devices that need that interface.  So TV remotes, Cable boxes, and any other device controlled by an IR remote can get the dignal from the hub.  But then the hub has to have line of sight to the various devices.  So $90 for each hub to control devices in different rooms.  too bad I have to press and hold the button on the X1 remote to talk to it.  But it's better than nothing for the moment.  Just not as good as google home.  Thanks for the replies.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation