Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

FEED PHOTOS & HOME VIDEO FROM LAPTOP TO TV

New Poster

FEED PHOTOS & HOME VIDEO FROM LAPTOP TO TV

Is there a way to view photo images and home videos from my laptop on my TV screen?

Service Expert

Re: FEED PHOTOS & HOME VIDEO FROM LAPTOP TO TV

ROCKYROADS wrote:

Is there a way to view photo images and home videos from my laptop on my TV screen?

That would depend on the capabilities of your TV.  If you have a VGA connector on your TV, you could connect the laptop directly to that connector and use your TV as the laptop's screen.  If your laptop has an HDMI connector you could use that as well to the TV's HDMI input.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Re: FEED PHOTOS & HOME VIDEO FROM LAPTOP TO TV

Some newer televisions come with: USB ports, or possibly a Flash-card port. This is what I prefer to use. Also; if you own a Blu-Ray (or regular) DVD player you can transfer pictures to a DVD to play on the tv.

By the way; the safest way to back up your photos is to copy them to: USB drives or DVD's. Those hard-drive back-ups tend to not work well if your Hard-drive goes back on a computer. The directions supplied are useless when you need them. I have over 10,000 photos stored on multiple copies of USB drives and DVD's. I really don't trust Flash Drives except for transferring from camera to computer, or using them on photo devices. Theie not safe for long term storage. I have never lost any files stored on computers since 1979.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation