Hi. I have several questions regarding Cable TV service.
1. How much would it generally cost to have a technician come out and install another cable outlet in a bedroom? It would be split from a coax cable in an adjacent attic and fished down the wall, no outside installation or anything.
2. Regarding the digital TV transition. Currently one of our bedrooms has a TV directly connected to the wall, no cable box or anything. Is a digital converter necessary if that TV has a built-in digital tuner?
3. If we install cable in the bedroom described in #1, and have the bedroom described in #2, how much would it cost to have HD cable boxes in both of those bedrooms? Or would the digital converter be similar to a cable box that we could get HD service? We currently have an HD box on our main TV.
1. You should call Comcast to get answers to pricing questions, they differ from town to town.
2. If the TV has a digital tuner, it can tune any non-encrypted channels. Unfortunately, Comcast is planning on eventually encrypting all or most digital channels. If the TV has a CableCard slot, this can be used to decrypt the channels in your service plan. I've read some messages saying this is free, others have mentioned $1.99/mo.
3. As above, pricing varies, so you should call Comcast. I don't understand the second part of your question. HD and SD digital converters are different models of cable boxes.