Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

EDA 2100 Amp Needed?

Frequent Visitor

EDA 2100 Amp Needed?

My power went out yesterday afternoon.  My backup generator kicked in and power was back on within about 10 seconds.  Ever since then, I've been having a problem with my cable.

The cable comes in my house and goes to a splitter.  One side goes to the cable box & TiVo in the great room, and the other goes to the back of the house.  Part way down that line, there is a EDA 2100 amp that was installed by Comcast years ago.  That splits the cable in two.  One goes to a TiVo Mini in one room, and the other goes to a TiVo Mini in the Master Bedroom.  Since the outage, only one of the Minis can get a signal.  They connect to the TiVo Premiere via MOCA.  I even took the cable box and put it in the Master Bedroom and on every channel I try, I get a message saying the channel should be available shortly.  After spending some time playing around with everything, including unplugging/plugging in the EDA 2100, I just took a Rocketfish splitter and bypassed the EDA 2100 as shown in the attached pic.  Now everyting works fine.

Apparently the EDA 2100 is dying.  The big question here is, do I really need this any more?  I can understand that it was probably needed back when the cable was analog, but now that everything is digital, is there any real advantage in replacing it?

Thanks for any opinions/suggestions!

EDA 2100EDA 2100

Service Expert

Re: EDA 2100 Amp Needed?

09KR0058 wrote:

My power went out yesterday afternoon.  My backup generator kicked in and power was back on within about 10 seconds.  Ever since then, I've been having a problem with my cable.

The cable comes in my house and goes to a splitter.  One side goes to the cable box & TiVo in the great room, and the other goes to the back of the house.  Part way down that line, there is a EDA 2100 amp that was installed by Comcast years ago.  That splits the cable in two.  One goes to a TiVo Mini in one room, and the other goes to a TiVo Mini in the Master Bedroom.  Since the outage, only one of the Minis can get a signal.  They connect to the TiVo Premiere via MOCA.  I even took the cable box and put it in the Master Bedroom and on every channel I try, I get a message saying the channel should be available shortly.  After spending some time playing around with everything, including unplugging/plugging in the EDA 2100, I just took a Rocketfish splitter and bypassed the EDA 2100 as shown in the attached pic.  Now everyting works fine.

Apparently the EDA 2100 is dying.  The big question here is, do I really need this any more?  I can understand that it was probably needed back when the cable was analog, but now that everything is digital, is there any real advantage in replacing it?

Thanks for any opinions/suggestions!

EDA 2100EDA 2100

Depending on your subscription and your installed configuration, you may not need this now....  if your service is working you may be okay.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: EDA 2100 Amp Needed?

Yes, its working fine now without it.  I'm pretty sure Comcast just installed that back when the signal was analog.  The output from the amp went to a splitter which went to 2 lines going to the back of the house.  I seem to remember having some issues many years ago with one of the cable boxes at the end of that run.

Thanks

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation