online now

discussions

EAS or ERS message on DVR

1 REPLY
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 1 of 2 (5,163 Views)

Re: EAS or ERS message on DVR

UNPLUG the power cord from the back of your DVR. Wait about a minute, plug it back in.

After the box turns back on and is ready to use EAS should be gone.

Also, a power cycle of the box will usually cure the problems with the remote and allow you to use 3 numbers.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2 of 2 (5,172 Views)

EAS or ERS message on DVR

The Display on my DCH3416 is displaying either EAS or ERS or ER5, I cannot be sure which.  Cannot change channels.  Tried turning it off with controller and that worked and it will turn on  but cannot change channels and the message will not change.  Have been having trouble with the controller as it will not accept 3 digit numbers  for channels.  However, it would accept two and I could press the yellow bar to go to HD channels but still could not change channels by typing 3 digit numbers.