Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR cable box running through random h and r numbers

New Poster

DVR cable box running through random h and r numbers

When I woke up this morning, I noticed that the DVR was running through numbers.  First is seemed like it was counting backwards and then counting normal.  Sometimes there was an H in front of the number and sometimes an R.  It has been doing it continously and I am not able to turn it off unless I unplug it.  After being plugged back in it continues to randomly run the numbers.  Any suggestions?

Problem Solver

Re: DVR cable box running through random h and r numbers

Mine did that exact same thing the other day took about 5 minutes even turned off show I was watching . I believe its some kind of update . Let it run and see if it completes did with mine .

Valued Contributor

Yes, from my own experiences, when the front display panel is doing a letter and number countdown it indicates a firmware or software update is taking place. Please be patient and allow it to finish and self reboot, At best please give it an hour if possible as to not corrupt or brick anything leading to a replacement and loss of recordings.

New Poster

Ok, it's been running since about 5 pm last night (13 hours).  Does this mean I should be calling Comcast to find out what the problem is?

Problem Solver

At 13 hours yes i would call in , may need a replacement box .

Valued Contributor

yup something went wrong Smiley Sad

New Poster

Got ahold of tech support and they were able to fix the problem on their end.  Thanks for the help!!

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation