Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Unit RNG200N, XR2 Remote

New Poster

DVR Unit RNG200N, XR2 Remote

I am contacting you regarding my DVR Unit RNG200N and my Remote device XR2.

I upgraged my old DVR Unit approximatly 6 months ago (?). I recieved the DVR Unit RNG200N as a replacement. I have been disatisfied with this unit from the day I hooked it up. I have tried to tolerate its flaws, but I cannot tolerate its performance any longer. My specificate complaint is that it no longer works correctly when attepting to use the Foreward/Rewind  function. 

First of all, there is about 5 second delay between the time I press the PAUSE button and the unit actually acts on the command. Same 5 second time delay between any attemt to Fast Forward (FF) or Rewind (RW). Attempting to move from pause to FF or RR play results in the Unit "skipping" around. When I attemot to change the speed of the RW or FF, it skips between the speeds on its own.

I can no longer tolorate the malfunctioning of this piece of eqipment I am paying good money for.

I am also going to report a second complaint. This complaint is in regards to the XR2 Remote Controll device. I find the buttons on the Unit much too close ot each other. My thumb can barely press down only one button at a time. I can only depress a button with the very tip of my thumb and the thumb nail. Very inconvient indead. The buttons were designed much to cramped together. My previous remote was much easier to manuve a finger around on.

To wrap up this comunication with you,  I would like to ask Comcast what they can do to turn me in to a satisfied customer.

Official Employee

Re: DVR Unit RNG200N, XR2 Remote

Hello Klinger63, your FF and RW issue is caused by a poor signal going to the DVR or faulty equipment. I can send your DVR some signals to correct your issue from my end, but I will first need to verify your account. In regards to your remote issue all of the remotes are designed to look and function in a similar fashion, if you'd like you can go to a local Comcast service center and pick up an XR11 voice command remote so that you can speak to your remote instead of pressing buttons. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" if you would like for me to send some signals to your DVR. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation