Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Malfunction

ANSWERED
New Poster

DVR Malfunction

dvr skips too far ahead and too far back when fast forwarding ahead or backward while watching recorded programs.  worst on the HD channels.

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR Malfunction

If you do not have X1, this is a bug in the older boxes now that Comcast has converted HD channels to MPEG4. In addition to the higher compression it allows, Comcast pushes it further by reducing the number of full frames to every few seconds, making it very hard for the DVR to keep track of where it is.

Comcast is no longer really supporting iGuide (non-X1) and will not be updating the software or firmware. The only 'fix' is to move to X1.

View answer in context
Service Expert

@9956v wrote:

dvr skips too far ahead and too far back when fast forwarding ahead or backward while watching recorded programs.  worst on the HD channels.

You may want to swap out your DVR for a new one to see if the issue is your DVR.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

If you do not have X1, this is a bug in the older boxes now that Comcast has converted HD channels to MPEG4. In addition to the higher compression it allows, Comcast pushes it further by reducing the number of full frames to every few seconds, making it very hard for the DVR to keep track of where it is.

Comcast is no longer really supporting iGuide (non-X1) and will not be updating the software or firmware. The only 'fix' is to move to X1.

New Poster

Thanks to andyross Silver Problem Solver for his explanation.  Guess I know what I have to do.

X1 in my future.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation