Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DTA Will Not Activate - Status Code 340

New Poster

DTA Will Not Activate - Status Code 340

I have a DTA that was working but earlier this week when I checked it the screen displayed Status Code 340 and it would not reactivate. I have swapped DTA's out at the local service center twice this week with the same result so it does not look like the DTA was the problem now. I also do not think the line is the problem as I tried it on a line that has a regular cable box working correctly and it still won't activate. It just shows Status Code 340 on every channel. Is this something you can check on for me? The cable modem and the main cable box are working ok.

The DTA channel guide displays the tv show names but every channel has status code 340.

Under the Diagnostics menu on the DTA it shows:

Signal Strength: Good

Receiving Data: Yes

The Last Activate/Refresh timestamp updates each time the support rep resends a signal.

Channel Map Available: Yes

I have a tech scheduled to come out next week to look at it but I would rather get it resolved sooner and save the tech a trip since I don't think it is a wiring/equipment problem but an account problem.

Problem Solver

Re: DTA Will Not Activate - Status Code 340

a post last year regarding activating DTA's  suggested trying one or the other of these links.

the links seems to be working, but i don't have anything to activate, so i'm not clicking the proceed button to test if these currently perform activation.

text from the other thread:

"Try  http://comcast.com/activate or from the digital transition page  https://digitalnow.comcast.com  

It doesn't work for everyone, but give it a try."

New Poster

I tried both of those and neither worked.  It said it successfully activated but nothing changed.  I called in again tonight and the support rep said they sent a "strong" signal and after that the DTA picked up channels for about 1 minute and then went back to the not authorized screen.  After this signal the main cable box became unauthorized as well but the support rep was able to reauthorize the main box without a problem.  The DTA still won't activate though.

Problem Solver

another thing to try could be to go back to store and swap the DTA box for an HD-DTA box which may be newer equipment,  vs older DTA'a that are possibly already recycled many times & 'worn out' ?     even though the box is mainly intended for HD, it should still have the standard SD rf-cable output plug to use as you do now.     (the box won't add any additional channels or add any HD chanels,  as the channels you recieve with your account are controled at Comcast's end in your account, regardless of tv box used).

Official Employee

Hi ComHelp I am showing that you called in regarding this matter, are you still needing assistance?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation