Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DCX3400 Keeps resetting itself

New Poster

DCX3400 Keeps resetting itself

I'm in sunnyvale, ca and recently my DCX3400 DVR continues to reset itself late at late night. Usually around 8pm or so and on. It happens at least 2-3 times nightly.  Anyone else having this problem or do I need to exchange or have a tech look at it?
Cable Expert

Re: DCX3400 Keeps resetting itself

I'd replace it, especially since it's happening in prime time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Cable Expert

You are not alone, reboots are being reported in the Bay Area on DCX3400's on avsforum.com San Francisco thread.  Start on this link, and there are continuing posts from some users.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=18151162#post18151162

Nothing has been reported for a workaround or solution that I have seen.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

thanks for the help.  didn't think to check avsforums as well.

it's unfortunately that such problems have to exist.

Cable Expert

Seems like only the Bay Area is affected, but is a big issue, so I would hope it is getting top priority.

You can always swap the box just to be sure.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

I am absolutely furious with Comcast, they will not tell you this but they are ripping all of us off! I found out today from a technician of Comcast who called me to cancel the appointment I had scheduled because I have been having that resetting problem with both of my DCX3400 boxes it happens to me about 10-12 times a day and the guide never comes back up, all it says is to be announced! The tech told me that it is a hardware and firmware problem that Comcast is having and they have had this problem for MONTHS!!! Can you believe it MONTHS!! Yet you still have to pay your bill even though the service is not there, and no one if you call or talk to Comcast representatives online ever knows whats going on, the tech said they do know about this problem and are supposed to tell us and credit our accounts for all the months of service we have not had but they are playing dumb and scheduling appointments anyway. They didnt even tell the technicians what the appointment I had scheduled was for, when the guy called me he had to ask what the problem was and when I told him he immediately stopped me and told me that he was canceling the appointment because this problem can not be fixed. They are trying to fix it but it is a firmware & hardware issue so there is nothing they can do. COMCAST NEEDS TO NOTIFY THERE CUSTOMERS AND REFUND OUR MONEY FOR THE LACK OF SERVICE!
New Poster

Oh and by the way, if you had called to complain about this several times and the reps did not note your account then say you call again and complain they will only credit you from the day that one of the reps who actually did there job and noted the account. For instance I called several times over the past few months and no one notated the account until I spoke to a guy on the web on march 4th. so they are saying they will only credit from March 4th to today March 10th, even though they know it has been going on for months and they cant fix it so its going to continue to happen! I asked for a Supervisor and still they will do nothing! Who knows how long this will continue but does that mean I have to call every single month to make the reps note and credit the account for the lack of service??? I guess so if you want your bill credited!
New Poster

Final post of talking to the supervisor: So basically they will not admit there is a problem even thought the tech that called me noted the account stating it was a firmware and hardware issue that could not be fixed according to them they know nothing of this issue and she supposedly scheduled a "special" appointment with a tech and a Supervisor to come to my home which means I have to leave work early again to wait. to fix a problem that can not be fixed... The supervisor even admitted the last time I contacted comcast was 10/23/09 for this problem (and was told then that I can not get a credit until the issue is resolved I had to call back again once it resolved to get the credit) but since I didnt call every month to tell them it still wasnt working they will not credit me. She even told me again when she scheduled the appointment that she can not give credit even now because the issue has not been resolved same thing I was told before you just cant win! But she will give me a credit for the missed appointment today of $20.00 oh woo hoo I pay $237 a month for service that I dont get! Makes no sense!