members

online now

discussions

Comcast TV listings

SOLVED
74 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 1 of 75 (1,610 Views)

Re: Comcast TV listings

Zap2 by Yahoo. You can set your favs and get description all on the same list

Posted by
Edited on
‎02-10-2009 03:24 PM

Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 2 of 75 (2,599 Views)

[ Edited ]

I use ccleaner to periodically clear cookies but I have configured it to save Comcast cookies as well as a few others. Nevertheless, ccleaner wipes out the tvpFav cookie from comcast.net while leaving alone some of the other comcast.net cookies. What could be different about this TV Planner cookie that it gets treated differently?

I've been backing up my desired Firefox cookies with FEBE and restoring them after cleanups, but it seems so unnecessary. I vote for saving the favorite channel preferences as part of the login profile.

******SOLUTION******
Add the files tvplannerStore.sol and settings.sol to Ccleaner's exclusion list in the Options section.
These files are found under C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\EJR7ZWV7(This number will differ on your PC)
and in
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

Message Edited by Marantz on 02-10-2009 12:24 PM
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 3 of 75 (2,628 Views)

Well, thanks.  I didn't even notice they were so pale.  Now getting the double scroll bars back to one and I will be happy...  well, happier.
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 4 of 75 (2,637 Views)

chesmom wrote:

How can that be?  Where can you find Favorites?

Click on the little heart symbol just to the right of the channel number/name to bring up the options for setting a favorite.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 75 (2,652 Views)

How can that be?  Where can you find Favorites?

When I logged on and scrolled way down to the bottom of the page to COOL TOOLS I could click on the TV Listings and actually see my old Favorites.  Somewhere, somehow I clicked around, tried this and saw my very own list.  Now for the last few days it has not been there.  "Hey, check it out, Favorites are back.  And they work!"  I don't understand why you say this and give no information to guide us there.

This has been as frustrating to me as to everyone on the Forums. I wasn't going to necessarily reply until I found that this particular issue had not been mentioned that I could find.  Will probably go back to the Zap2It site for now.

P.S.  If you offer tools for formatting, why did my message just come back saying: 

Please address the following to complete the message posting:
  • Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 75 (2,671 Views)

Hey, check it out, Favorites are back.  And they work!
Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 75 (2,704 Views)

Ok i complained directly to comcast both live and through email, I was assured all features would be programmed in asap, and now nothing.

They FINALLY figured out how to display the current date and time 's listings...

but they must have given up on implementing the main feature many of us wanted,the favorite channels feature.

Even if it'sonly  worth $.25 per month, I want my money back from youi money grubbing corporate folks who just outsource indescriminately without doing proper needs analysis.

Keep going, you'll keep losing customers.

OH and the ONLY response I EVER got from customer service was 'well we see you are x days late on your billl'....

Well my bill's paid up, where are the features you took away?

POOR customer service and WORSE internal managment of features customers want.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 8 of 75 (2,725 Views)

Besides, it was my solution and not his.  Smiley Wink

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 9 of 75 (2,736 Views)

I do not consider that a solution to a useless dictatorial page of TV listings.  I echo all the complaints made by the other 77 writers. 
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 10 of 75 (2,844 Views)

UPDATE TWO *** FIX - RESOLUTION - TBD ***

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you for the patience while we reviewed this.

At this time we have determined this to be a 'cookie' issue and are working to correct this as quickly as possible. Until we implent a fix, the following steps have been confirmed to resolve the issue.

1. clear browser cache/cookies/etc
  2. enter incorrect zip code, make sure to 'save' incorrect zip code
  3. clear browser cache/cookies/etc
  4. enter correct zip code, make sure to 'save' correct zip code

I apologize for the delay and inconvience while we continue work on this issue.

At this time I am going to mark this as 'solved' and unstickie this thread.

Have a good holiday everyone.

Thank you.

George Lunski
"Retired" Comcast Help Forums Administrator
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 11 of 75 (2,799 Views)

Thanks for the tip about switching the zip code to fix the times shown. Customer Service had given me some lame steps about clearing out my browser (which I do all the time) and which of course didn't fix the problem.

I wish they would bring back the old listing format. This new one is slow to load, hard to read, just plain wrong way too often, and very difficult to navigate.

Now, if only I can find the post button, I'll send it -- oh, there it is, white letters on a light-gray background -- how typical of Comcast's design skills Smiley Wink

Posted by
Edited on
‎11-19-2008 11:32 PM

Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 75 (2,810 Views)

[ Edited ]

Again, glad to know it's not just me with this issue. I was really getting the hang of the 'old' version and then it changed. I have one computer that's always 'ok' --- keeps me logged in, keeps my zip code, etc. the other (this one) always logs me out, and does not remember my zip code setting. Furthermore, when I enter my zip code --- what shows up is the 'old' tv planner!! go figure!!! too funny.

I'm using Firefox 3 and the javascript returns a google search result.

Here is a screen shot of the tv listings

Message Edited by tamalita on 11-19-2008 08:31 PM
Message Edited by tamalita on 11-19-2008 08:32 PM
Posted by
Edited on
‎11-20-2008 02:22 PM

Bronze Problem Solver

Message 13 of 75 (2,835 Views)

[ Edited ]

UPDATE ONE

Hello All.

To troubleshoot this 'time display issue' we need to gather further examples.

Please post or email me the results of the following.

Thank you.

Step one.

Take a screenshot of entire desktop with TV Listings on top and the Windows/Mac task bar visible. This will allow us to see time, browser, zip code and grid data

Step two.

Enter "javascript&colon;document.cookie" in the browser's address bar & hit enter. Copy the resulting text in the browser window.

Message Edited by ComcastGeorge on 11-20-2008 02:17 PM
Message Edited by ComcastGeorge on 11-20-2008 02:22 PM
George Lunski
Posted by
Bronze Problem Solver

Message 14 of 75 (2,839 Views)

Good Morning Everyone,

I am having our engineers review the 'off by an hour' issue.

I will stickie/float this thread until further notice/updates.

Please contain any examples of the issue to this thread and any further feedback concerning the site to this thread.

Thank you.

George Lunski
Posted by
Contributor

Message 15 of 75 (2,858 Views)

WarEagle57 wrote:

oldoc wrote:
The program times on the TV Listings Entertainment page (comcast.net) are all in error by one hour and have been for the past five days or so.

Same here in Seattle.  Perhaps they didn't get the memo about Daylight Savings Time going away.

I switched the zip code, then changed it back and the time is now correct.

Message Edited by WarEagle57 on 11-13-2008 08:08 PM

Well, thanks for that, WarEagle!  I did the same zip code change and you're right, now the time is right.  A small improvement, but nice just the same.  I hope it sticks next time I boot my computer, we'll see.  Now if they'll make the other needed fixes, maybe we'll have something.  I won't hold my breath...
Posted by
Edited on
‎11-13-2008 11:08 PM

Cable Expert

Message 16 of 75 (2,863 Views)

[ Edited ]

oldoc wrote:
The program times on the TV Listings Entertainment page (comcast.net) are all in error by one hour and have been for the past five days or so.

Same here in Seattle.  Perhaps they didn't get the memo about Daylight Savings Time going away.

I switched the zip code, then changed it back and the time is now correct.

Message Edited by WarEagle57 on 11-13-2008 08:08 PM

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor
Message 17 of 75 (2,884 Views)

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 18 of 75 (2,911 Views)

mjcp wrote:

I came back to check the forum for other peoples comments and found that I don't like the forums either!

When you "REPLY" to a post, your new post just becomes a NEW post at the bottom of the list. When people Reply without quoting the original comment, theres no way to know what message they are replying to! More Lame S&*(

NOW I cant find the Submit button on this post - perhaps its one of the 2 buttons down there with White print on a white background, Hmmm I guess one is POST the other is Cancel, but which is which - well if you read this I guessed right

FYI: The white post/cancel button has been reported to a Moderator.  Note that this is not happening on any of the other categories, and was not always this way- So that is being looked at.

The quote icon is clearly there to use, some people choose not to use it.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 19 of 75 (2,930 Views)

I came back to check the forum for other peoples comments and found that I don't like the forums either!

When you "REPLY" to a post, your new post just becomes a NEW post at the bottom of the list. When people Reply without quoting the original comment, theres no way to know what message they are replying to! More Lame S&*(

NOW I cant find the Submit button on this post - perhaps its one of the 2 buttons down there with White print on a white background, Hmmm I guess one is POST the other is Cancel, but which is which - well if you read this I guessed right

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 20 of 75 (2,951 Views)

SusanJS wrote:
You're right - that IS a good place to find listings.  I have it bookmarked.  Now Comcast can do whatever they want and I don't care.....

Ditto!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 21 of 75 (2,961 Views)

You're right - that IS a good place to find listings.  I have it bookmarked.  Now Comcast can do whatever they want and I don't care.....
Posted by
Visitor

Message 22 of 75 (2,972 Views)

Without a doubt, this "new" version is a MESS!  Give us back the old version!!! 
Posted by
Contributor
Contributor

Message 23 of 75 (2,978 Views)

We've been told that it will be fixed "In the future".  Well how darn far away is the "Future"?  Not only doesn't it hold my zip code, this whole darned SITE won't hold my logon.

Comcast has done a wonderful job, again.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
Message 24 of 75 (2,997 Views)

I have only one thing to say about Comcast - Fios. The day that Verizon offers tv service in my area (Plum Borough, PA), I will cancel Comcast and switch to Verizon and the sooner, the better.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 25 of 75 (3,013 Views)

Just an awful "upgrade".   After almost a week it is still there.   Why haven't they rolled it back yet?

And Sunday the times got all **bleep** up.   Here is the comcast lame reply:

"The Comcast.net team has been working to improve your Comcast.net TV channel (blah blah blah) Unfortunately, some features - such as Favorite Channels - were removed"

What about everything else that doesn't work? What about the awful light blue small type that can't be read? What about the time being wrong? What about the awful side background that is useless? Why can't you just roll back all these awful changes to what it used to be?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 26 of 75 (16,397 Views)

Thanks for the update, and no I did not see that.

I have not been back to the comcast TV Listings since I posted my first complaint. I have been Happy using the other sites recommended by other posters in this forum.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 27 of 75 (16,424 Views)

I didn't mark those channels as my favorites, nor can I do anything about changing my favorites, that's no longer available.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 28 of 75 (16,439 Views)

Did you notice the header above the TV Listing:

"The Comcast.net team has been working to improve your Comcast.net TV channel. We've added an HD video gallery, an On Demand page, and access to free Full TV episodes. Unfortunately, some features - such as Favorite Channels - were removed. In response to your feedback, we are working diligently to restore these features. We apologize for this inconvenience."

I am truely dissatisfied with the attitude and failure to respond to ‘the squeaky wheel’ when the only thing they had to do was to simply revert back to the previous working version while this version was being modified until it was 100% operational. Even now, that is all they have to do.

Comcast, this is poor customer service.

I do recommend the Zap2it web site. (http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/). There are several additional features that are helpful.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
Message 29 of 75 (16,467 Views)

Another problem I have experienced:

It seems like if I have unread email, tv planner redirects me to an email web page! If I wanted to check email, I'd go to email, not tv planner.

Also, sometimes the channel listings come out incomplete or in strange orders. Once I noticed that I refreshed 3 times in a row and got 3 different results.

It appears that comcast performs absolutely no QC tests on their software. What else could explain this mess? Did nobody even once click the "now" function? If I ever allowed software as bad as this to be released to actual customers, I wouldn't be in my job for very long.

They _should_ have released this as a beta test giving the users the chance to comment and use the old web page if they wished.

I agree with with some other posters - zap2it.com is a good alternative and I'm mostly using it now. Its not as good as tv planner was, but its better than tv planner is...

Rick

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 30 of 75 (16,487 Views)

digilos wrote:

What gets me is...  channels aren't listed in channel order?  How **bleep** is that?

Current listing, going down from top to bottom after clicking on 'HD' for HD listings

199,200,202,203,204,205,206,207,208,215,217,218,231,232,233,234,235,240,242 ->

Talk about CONFUSING

The TVPlanner lists all your "favorites" first, then follows that with the remaining channels available to you.  If you're only interested in the favorites, you can stop looking at the listings when you get to the end of those.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 31 of 75 (16,503 Views)

I've given up on the "improved" Comcast TV listings.  My bookmark now takes me to the TVlistings at zap2it.com  --  it's fast and has the features I like, especially an indication if a show is NEW or not.  You do have to register if you want to select your favorite stations.  Fine by me.

Did I say it's fast?  It loads all the channel listings and I can look thru a bunch of them while the Comcast listings are still sayin "Loading".  Amazing how slow the Comcast implementation is.

--Larry

Posted by
Contributor

Message 32 of 75 (16,511 Views)

What gets me is...  channels aren't listed in channel order?  How **bleep** is that?

Current listing, going down from top to bottom after clicking on 'HD' for HD listings

199,200,202,203,204,205,206,207,208,215,217,218,231,232,233,234,235,240,242 ->

Talk about CONFUSING

Posted by
Edited on
‎10-27-2008 07:01 PM

Regular Contributor
Message 33 of 75 (16,529 Views)

[ Edited ]

It seems unable to remember my zip code!!!  I used to be able to just click on the tv listing but now I have to enter the zip code each time!!  I hated that new looks!! It is pain in my a** to scroll the screen up and down in search for my channels... PLEASE BRING BACK OLD VERSION!!!

I have ditched the TVplanner for Zap2it because Zap2it has feature that lets me to put my favorite channels in order and ability to remember my zipcode. Once I went through the regsitry process... then entered the zipcode. That website will display the selection. I selected my programming and it will show the channels... It has setting tab, which I had used it once or twice to make corrections. I had to set my favorite channels... It is helpful in keeping up with tv programming. It displays my favorite channels first then remaining channels...

Message Edited by higgie on 10-27-2008 07:01 PM
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 34 of 75 (16,551 Views)

Kin2U wrote:

In chat today the rep said be patient a new version will be out soon. Wasn't this a new version? *holding breath*

If there is a new version in the works with possible refinements that might address concerns people have voiced here, it is a shame they have not communicated this here or on the forums in general.  There is also a thread in the Forums Feedback section that could also stand a bit of a formal presence.

<philosophical rant>We, as humans, have found more ways than one can imagine to communicate with each other; yet, at the times when effective communication could serve us best, we are often more clever in finding reasons not do so</philosophical rant>.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 35 of 75 (16,558 Views)

I got booted from another similar forum that I started. I didn't know this one was here. Comcast is 'aware' of that forum otherwise they would not have closed it.

All they have to do is to not have the new one redirected. The old TV Planner (tvplanner.comcast.net) was fine but they are redirecting to www.comcast.net/tv/tv-listings instead.

In chat today the rep said be patient a new version will be out soon. Wasn't this a new version? *holding breath*

*gasp* :smileysad:

Some of the problems I noticed were:

• Favorite channels cannot be marked or changed or listed at top of list.
  • Cannot use favorite channels only.
  • The "Now" selection varies in time up to several hours.
  • Color choices are very difficult to read as well as the background.
  • Not as wide as before due to the background.
  • Favorite channels sometimes show up intermittently, and are not indicated as favorites.
  • No arrows any more for shows and movies already started or continuing.
  • Info about a particular show appears over the listing.
  • When veiwing another time, the listing doesn't stay where your were, instead goes back to top.

Please add more to this list and contact Comcast at:

http://help.comcast.net/content/faq/Six-Ways-to-Get-Help using items #4, #5, and/or #6 to voice your opinion.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 36 of 75 (16,555 Views)

I agree with the tv listing probs. I was a long time Yahoo tv guide person, than a year or so they had to mess with my yahoo portal and now the new tv guide portion blows. Same goes with comcast attempt at a current tv guide. Well i found a descent one that works well, its www.tvguide.com. Been using it for a year now. So far no probs.  Give it a try..
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 37 of 75 (16,589 Views)

bil wrote:
If like me, you really miss the previous tv listings format, give the listings at zap2it.com a try. They are remarkably similar. And yes, they can be customized and allow setting up favorite channels. The site is run by Tribune Media, which supplies most newspapers with their TV listings.

Thank you so very much. I just checked out that site and love it. Not only can you set up fav channels but you can set it up so your fav shows are highlighted and it gives the episode title in the main grid and can be set to give episode details in the main grid too, it is wonderful. Thanks again Smiley Happy

Posted by
Contributor

Message 38 of 75 (16,605 Views)

And now they change the forums!! It took me about 10 minutes to get here, but I finally made it.

Just wanted to agree with another poster that zap2it has a good listing. That's where I'll be if anybody is looking for me. Can't imagine I'll be back here. Comcast just doesn't listen.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor
Message 39 of 75 (16,648 Views)

I am a FIRST TIME POSTER.

I can't believe that ComcastGeorge is stating that Comcast is going to make this better.  How could it be better when it's SO BAD? 

Multiple scroll bars mean that my three button mouse will not slowly scroll through the listings, and if I page down to the next page of listings, it skips over programming because the page down is larger than the visible pane.  speaking of pane - the NEW FORMAT IS A PAIN. 

My favorites are gone, if I enter my zip code - it states that "COMCAST doe not provide service to that zip code" - maybe I should ask for a refund on my $120 bill if they don't have service.

Comcast live is not available in my state - which forces me to wait through an hour of hold time for a simple question.

PLEASE put back what was there - or - ComcastGeorge has some explanation due to us.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 40 of 75 (16,689 Views)

Might i suggest yahoo widgets and get TV navigator and Next Episode by Nir that's what i use and it's on your desktop here's the link if you want it to try it http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/tvnavigator
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 41 of 75 (16,710 Views)

Re: New TV Listing format is AWEFUL

I won't list all my complaints with the new TV Listing changes as they are the same as all the others who have taken the time to comment. What a giant leap backwards ! It's certainly a bold strategy to design something that is monumentally inferior to what it intends to replace. Do you have any openings in your Management team? I have no business degree but it's apparent that one is not needed and I could certainly do no worse than the team who decided the new format would be an epic win.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 42 of 75 (16,730 Views)

the thing that bothers me is that there are 33 posters above me that have nothing good to say about the new TV listings and not one of a comcast moderator saying the message has been sent up to the supervisors.  We must ask our selves, when will it happen?  50 posters? 100?  never?  this new listing **bleep** lemon.  besides EVERTHING else the rest of the posters wrote, I cannot get my comp to bookmark it, my bookmarks send me to a logon screen and then I have to navigate 4 more pages to get there!!! 

Highest down load speeds in the area
                           $50/mo

Slowest possible navigation to a ISP TV listing
                          priceless

Posted by
Visitor

Message 43 of 75 (16,746 Views)

Thank you mjcp, you nailed it!

I came to the forum exclusively to vent my frustration with the new TV listing.
The people said it all.

COMCAST, WE WANT THE OLD FORMAT BACK!!!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 44 of 75 (16,783 Views)

Hmmm - I just noticed something interesting!
COMCAST - PAY ATTENTION TO THIS

Nothing against the people who have many posts to the forums and regularly share their insights with others,
But did you notice how many of these posts (Like mine) were from "New Users" with only One post?

These are all people who typically do not participate in any of these forums, but took the time to seek out the forums because they REALLY wanted to let someone know how dissatisfied they are with this.

Not chronic compainers at all, but so disapointed they were moved to react for the FIRST time!

That is significant!
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 45 of 75 (16,788 Views)

The new format is really bad.

I hate having to log-in to my account to see my "Favorites" which will only appear after I press "Now" or "Primetime"

The scrolling is poor as well because the page size is so long, you have to scroll the page then the listings. Not everyone has a huge monitor.

The number is advertisements is excessive, and I don't need links to every possible Comcast feature.

IMHO, What a waste of technology.

Put the old one back! Please!!

Until then, I'll use another site.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 46 of 75 (16,768 Views)

Add me to the list of people who are not happy with the new format.
No - I am not just unwilling to accept change, and No- I will not learn to love it after I use it for a while.
First I find the light blue type against a light background very hard to read.
Second I have spent too much time trying to scroll with 2 scroll bars and a third bar that looks just like the scroll bar but isn't.
I use a laptop, in many different zip codes and find changing my preferences and answering all the poll questions ridiculous compared to
typing in the zipcode as I used to.
I am already frustrated by refreshing with the NOW button only to find that the current time is not accurate.
And of course the terribly busy background is just an annoying distraction.

There were many things about the old page that could have been improved, but the new one is just terrible.
I am not a frequent complainer - I had to sign in for the first time to these forums because this is the first time I have felt I had to let someone know how
poorly this job was done. I was not surprized to see that this thread has gotten to be so large this soon, and complaints are posted in unrelated topics as well.

At this point I am heading back to TV guide at www.tvguide.com not perfect either but better than this.
I'll check the TV planner in a while and see if you got it right. So long for now!
Posted by
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Message 47 of 75 (16,800 Views)

If like me, you really miss the previous tv listings format, give the listings at zap2it.com a try. They are remarkably similar. And yes, they can be customized and allow setting up favorite channels. The site is run by Tribune Media, which supplies most newspapers with their TV listings.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 48 of 75 (16,815 Views)

Mysteresa, Y.W.   Smiley Wink

ciao, bj
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 49 of 75 (16,853 Views)

BlueJay, thank you!
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 50 of 75 (16,879 Views)

I thought the old format was clean, simple, and easy to use.  I guess it was too good to last.  This new thing looks like it was designed by a third-grade class - pointless, annoying pictures taking up space on both sides, and a color palette that's difficult to read and almost painful to look at.  Aqua and lavender?  What's most amazing is, people in authority must have looked at this during planning and said "Easter egg.  Yup, that's the look we're going with."
Guess I'll be trying the TV Guide site.