New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast HD audio dropouts and pixellation

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1 of 5

Xfinity pixelations & audio dropouts, that I filmed last night 3/4/17 at about 1:00 am, on AMC, using an iPod touch. These kind of problems occur much more frequently when it's below freezing, but will occur at temperatures below 60 degrees. They also occur more readily after 9:00 P.M regardless of temperature conditions. I've had countless numbers of techs to my home, and all they do is work on my wiring, but to know effect. I am thinking that the problem is related to improper insulation, on the outside wiring, causing it to contract, and lose the connection, but IDK. Also the signal might be lessened after 9:00 P.M, but again IDK. I would change to Verizon FIOS, like my brother did (he washing similar issues,) but my apartment bldg.will not allow individual dishes. Very few people in my building use HD, and the reason I do is because I get a great picture 9 months out of the year. Still I am paying for 12, and would like to get that. Comcast is losing over 100 HD customers in my building alone, by failing to fix the outside insulation, but apparently do not care.

Accidentally uploaded the longer & uncut version of the video, but you can hear and see the pixellation and dropouts that were in the Better Call Saul, Burger King, Orbit, & Subaru Ad's. The Jim Beam Ad has some pretty bad ones. Of curse it was 57 degrees, and if it had been colder, it wouuld have been a lot worse. If it was below freezing, it would have been absolutely unwatchable. The problems seem to occur quite randomly, and are often for only a second or two, so they can be a little bit difficult to record, unless you record everything. I continued filming into the Talking Dead, because I didn't know if the problem would also be there. This was a repeat, but the problem also seems to occur more often during show premieres. Maybe the increased viewership puts more load on the cable. IDK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nXA-4oPoLo

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 5

greenmind7,

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Admin1

Message 3 of 5

Hi greenmind7 -- Appreciate your patience while we work to resolve your issue. Your local area Tech Ops has been alerted to this issue and is working on a resolution. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 5

3 years of patience. Official Comcast employess & local area Tech Ops have been aware of this problem for years, and never do 'anything' useful. All they ever do is send unexperinced techs to my home at your expense, who play wt my signal strength, or tighten the wall connection, and say everything is fine. I was repositioning the cable behind my televsion yesterday, because am getting a cat,  and suddenly noticed more pixels and sound drop outs. Still that doesn't explain why the problem usually is worst when it's cold outside. Unless you are both using shoddy cables outside, and inside my home. If your also using awful cable wires, in my building, this would also explain why so few reidents have HD. Our Lobby has cable and those who watch it, never watch HD because you don't fix this. BTW, although not every resident has cable, most do. That's 196 residents X $10 X 12 months or a potential profit of about 20 thousand of dollars a year. I suppose losing that is not important to you.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 5 of 5

Tech Ops sent out a tech who was able to replace some defective outside connectors. They made attempts to get in contact with you to see if you're still having pixelation issues. Can you advise if you have seen any improvement?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.