Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Color problems: green and purple [SOLVED]

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Color problems: green and purple [SOLVED]

Baltimore County; On cable TV, purple and green dominate. This happened all of a sudden, some time around 7:00 PM tonight (2/8/10). Black-and-white movies on TCM look fine, and a DVD plays in full perfect color. Recorded programs from the DVR also have the green-and-purple tint. Changing the TV's color properties and picture format had no effect.

Anyone else experiencing this? Doesn't seem like our TV is at fault... but maybe...

Message Edited by Jawnn on 02-09-2010 04:20 AM
Accepted Solution

Re: Color problems: green and purple

Check & push in your connections between your set top box and the TV.  From the symptoms I am guessing you are using a component cable with the red, green & blue connections for the video.

If it isn't that, then unplug both the TV and set top box for a minute or so to give it a fresh startup.  If it still doesn't fix it, stop by your local Comcast office and swap out the set top box.

A buddies neighbor had the same thing last week, their cat loosened one of the connectors on his component cable.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

Check & push in your connections between your set top box and the TV.  From the symptoms I am guessing you are using a component cable with the red, green & blue connections for the video.

If it isn't that, then unplug both the TV and set top box for a minute or so to give it a fresh startup.  If it still doesn't fix it, stop by your local Comcast office and swap out the set top box.

A buddies neighbor had the same thing last week, their cat loosened one of the connectors on his component cable.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

JayInAlg wrote:

Thanks, Jay... that was it. The red cable had become loosened when the TV was turned a bit.  I discovered it a couple of hours ago and the colors are fine now. Thanks again!
Message Edited by Jawnn on 02-09-2010 04:19 AM
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation