Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cisco RNG150n - Is it sending a signal to the SD inputs on my DVD-Recorder?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

Hi,   I have a Sony Wega TV KLV-26HG2.  I recently received the Cisco RNG150n set top box, and I have it connected to the HD line 4 on my Sony Wega TV with an HDMI to DVI cable.  It works just fine.  However, that is where the good news ends.  The problem is with the SD signal.  I have the SD outputs on teh Cisco RNG150n connected to the SD inputs on my Panasonic DVD-Recorder.  From there, I have the SD outputs on the DVD-Recorder connected to the SD inputs on line 1 of the same Sony television.  I have no signal from the set top box traveling to the Panasonic DVD-Recorder or to the Sony TV SD connection.  I have a black screen.  I'm able to pull up the menus of both the DVD-Recorder and the Sony on the SD line 1, so I don't think the problem is in the connections.  Is there some reason why the SD signal isn't coming from the box to the DVD-Recorder and TV?  I'd really appreciate help on this.  I've been struggling with it for over 2 weeks, and I'm out of ideas.  Thanks Much.  

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 4

MaineCoonCat wrote:

Hi,   I have a Sony Wega TV KLV-26HG2.  I recently received the Cisco RNG150n set top box, and I have it connected to the HD line 4 on my Sony Wega TV with an HDMI to DVI cable.  It works just fine.  However, that is where the good news ends.  The problem is with the SD signal.  I have the SD outputs on teh Cisco RNG150n connected to the SD inputs on my Panasonic DVD-Recorder.  From there, I have the SD outputs on the DVD-Recorder connected to the SD inputs on line 1 of the same Sony television.  I have no signal from the set top box traveling to the Panasonic DVD-Recorder or to the Sony TV SD connection.  I have a black screen.  I'm able to pull up the menus of both the DVD-Recorder and the Sony on the SD line 1, so I don't think the problem is in the connections.  Is there some reason why the SD signal isn't coming from the box to the DVD-Recorder and TV?  I'd really appreciate help on this.  I've been struggling with it for over 2 weeks, and I'm out of ideas.  Thanks Much.  

Okay, I'm curious..... what happens when you disconnect the HDMI so that the RNG150 does not see the handshake?   Does that enable the SD connection then?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4
Solution

Hello, Thanks for your reply.  I wish I had an answer for you.  When I got up this morning, the SD line was working, after many, many days of utterly refusing to give any sign of life.  What the difference was, I haven't got a clue!

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 4 of 4

MaineCoonCat wrote:

Hello, Thanks for your reply.  I wish I had an answer for you.  When I got up this morning, the SD line was working, after many, many days of utterly refusing to give any sign of life.  What the difference was, I haven't got a clue!

Chalk it up to "Gremilins".... glad you got it working !!!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon