discussions

Change width of flig bar - Motorola RNG200N

SOLVED
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 1 of 4 (1,213 Views)

Re: Change width of flig bar - Motorola RNG200N

Comcast hasn't published the Motorola manual for the DCX3501 yet.  The generic Motorola manual is available at another non Comcast location HERE

Since the I-Guide running on these boxes is customized by Comcast, it isn't in the manual, and operates the same across all Motorola boxes.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you! I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.To learn more about XFINITY Forum Expert program click here.
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 4 (1,215 Views)

OK, so the Motorola is actually a DCX 3501M.  We still can't find a user manual!

Posted by
Edited on
‎01-20-2012 06:11 PM

Cable Expert

Message 3 of 4 (1,724 Views)

[ Edited ]

The guide and related menu popups will not fill the width of a 16x9 screen with the existing I-Guide on Motorola boxes.

The Motorola RNG200 branded DVR is actually a DCX3501, which is the very newest Motorola DVR deployed.

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Did this post help? Why not give it a kudo!!!Kudos Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. Expert Program
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 4 (1,677 Views)

Change width of flig bar - Motorola RNG200N

I just received a Motorola RNG200N HD DVR.  It works well but I can't find a user manual for it online.  The RNG200N on the comcast site is a Cisco unit, not Motorola.  I'm trying to find a way to change the width/height of the flip bar with this unit.  I can choose top or bottom the screen for a position but the flip bar is still a 'stubby' box in the middle of the screen at either the top or bottom.  I want to extend the flip bar to 'fill' the entire width of my TV which will hopefully get rid of the box (square) and give me more of a rectangle (and thereby not block as much of the picture as it current does. 

Thanks in advance for the help !

Jeff