Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Cable card - Detroit - TBS not in 5.1

Contributor

Cable card - Detroit - TBS not in 5.1

Instead via my homerun prime it is 2.0 sound

OTHER Turner network stations like TruTv and TNT are in 5.1, as are all the other channels that I regularly watch (such as any of the ESPN channels, or Fox sports channels), so whats going on with this one?

I can tell because any recordings I do through WMC and opened with Videoredo show 2.0

the channels I mentioned above are 5.1

Cable box output for TBS does show 5.1 - so I have no idea why this would only be an issue through the cable card..

I think someone needs to flip a switch somewhere either nationally or for the Michigan region

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Cable card - Detroit - TBS not in 5.1

billmich88888, glad our advanced tech ops team was able to answer your questions. Apparently TBS in 5.1 isn't available in your area Post again if you need anything else. 

All Replies
Contributor

Re: DRM Locked channels with cable card

I am also having issues with DRM channels on my cable card via HD Home run prime. 

Let me know if you need anything further from me, or if i should message you privately

Contributor

anyone?

Official Employee

billmich88888, are you using a third party sound system?

Contributor

please define "3rd party sound system".

Please also define what would NOT be a 3rd party sound system.

Official Employee

Basically anything that isn't just stereo. 

This includes sound bars, bluetooth speakers, and audio/speaker equipment.

Contributor

I have any and all of the things you mentioned...AVR, soundbars...etc but here is the kicker...it doesn't matter what my playback is................

I can record any program and then edit it on a program called "videoredo". This editing software has a graphic that shows volume level within each frame. If the line is yellow, it means the sound is 5.1, if it is blue it is 2.0....

TBS is blue, every other HIGH DEF channel that Turner has is yellow. EVERY ESPN is yellow, every fox is yellow....

Therefore TBS is being broadcast in 2.0 by the cable-card (Via any other cable box I have, TBS is 5.1 - I have  verified this through Videoredo as well)

Do you follow me so far?

somehow....via cable card, the TBS sound is 2.0. Now maybe I have a card that is defective in just this one tiny specialized area, Or maybe there is a switch or setting buried in the 5th level of settings that needs to be checked, I don't know.

when I output any channel from my videoredo program that I have recorded to my AVR, the 5.1 speaker lights all illuminate, when it is a TBS recording, only the front left and right light up.

so in a nutshell, every channel that is in 5.1 via my cable boxes and cable card I am getting in 5.1...EXCEPT: TBS via the cable card

let me know if you require any further details

Official Employee

Gotcha. I got your private message too so we'll continue there.

KenF

Official Employee

billmich88888, glad our advanced tech ops team was able to answer your questions. Apparently TBS in 5.1 isn't available in your area Post again if you need anything else.