Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Cable Card Pairing problems

New Poster

Cable Card Pairing problems

I'm on my second cable card. Comcast tech support tells me everything is fine on their end but I have No Tv Signal on any channels in Windows media center. The card pairs and then doesn't. There's no channel map and from what I've read, is a problem with the card or pairing of the card. I had no problem with this setup before the switch to comcast. I was able to tune every channel that I had subscribed to with my previous service. A comcast tech came out and didn't bring an extra card to diagnose a Cable card issue. I don't think he even knew what a cc was until he arrived. He tested the signal and found nothing wrong. I get a signal to my tuner but no channels which leads me to believe that its a pairing/no channel map issue. Any help would be appreciated. Ceton InfiniTv4 Cable Card: Inserted. Cisco CC (scientific Atlanta) Card Authorization: Not Validated, Binding Authentication Complete, Validation Message not received yet No standard or HD channels. Number of Channels: 0 Channel Maps Received: 0 Out Of Band Frequency: 106.0 Mhz Out Of Band Carrier Lock: Locked Out Of Band MER: 36 db/10 Card not Validated. (was previously) Each card I had, validated then lost validation... WMDRM is GREEN Carrier Lock: 1 Digital Lock: 1 Signal Level: 2.6 dBmV Signal To Noise Level: 36.8 Descrambling Status: Unknown Copy Protection: NONE