Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Audio problem - weird digital/computer type sound in background

Frequent Visitor

Re: Audio problem - weird digital/computer type sound in background

That totally worked. THANK YOU!!! A billion times THANK YOU!
Silver Problem Solver

Happy to hear it.

You are welcome

New Poster

I have the exact same problem.

Silver Problem Solver

kylefranklin

Can you provide some more details please? There were actually two different issues discussed on this thread.

Are you hearing the sound or having no sound on channels(the second issue on this thread)?

If you are hearing the computer sound please provide the type of box you are using, channels affected, and if it is HD or SD channels.

Thank you

New Poster

I had the same weird digital whawah sound in the background of every sporting event... Switched from "stereo" to "surround sound" on my audio system - worked like a charm. Thanks

New Poster

I have the same tones in the background during football games. It is on Fox right now but I have heard it on other networks as well. Has there been a resolve to this problem yet?

Comcast - Cisco RNG200

New Poster

I have the same problem - started this past NFL season - on all live NFL games I hear this intermitten computer/cellphone sound.  i hear it right now with the Saints-49ers game.   Hope it's not aliens.

New Poster

I've been experiencing this issue for months, now, and tried to find some information online when it first started. Somehow, I missed this thread until today. Upon reading many of the posts, I decided to go back into my Comcast DVR's audio settings one more time to see if I could fix the problem.

I found a way around the issue, but it may cause problems down the road.

After messing with all but one of the audio settings, I was about to give up. The only thing left to try was changing the default language setting. I switched it to Espanol, and suddenly the weird sound was gone completely. Every channel I check still plays in English, so I'm hoping this will prove to be the perfect solution, but only time will tell.

Hopefully this info will help others here, and I apologize in advance if any of your recorded programs come up in Spanish. I guess it's a calculated risk.

New Poster

I am also hearing the electronic digitized noice in the backgorund. It is mostly on CBS but not exclusively.

I have a Comcast DVD box.

Thank you for investigating.

Please keep me posted. I am very histastant to watch station where I am hearing it.

Thanks.

New Poster

Has anyone actually figured out the actual cause yet? I'm seeing this dates back a few years and I still hear this noise and it's giving me a headache. I too thought maybe it was my signal but I was at my aunts house 300 miles away and she has the same issue.
New Poster

Same sound on BBC HD recorded on my DVR watching goldfinger. Fascinating that it is NOT present on commercials.comcast.
Official Employee
Moved: