Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Amazon

New Poster

Amazon

I have rented a movie from Amazon. How can I watch it on my tv?
Problem Solver

Re: Amazon

Do you have a "Smart' television? Read the directions on how to get the movie to play on tv screen at same time as on the device.

Comcast has no agreements with Amazon yet for using with X1 cable-box on broadband.

Frequent Visitor

You'll need a smart tv for that. Even the X1 system doesn't have an amazon app "yet"

If you have a smart tv,  you'll need an internet connection for the smart tv to sync up. 

If you don't have any of that, you can still watch it on your computer, laptop, or tablet or a smart phone

New Poster

Thank You for the help!!

Problem Solver

@eli001 wrote:
I have rented a movie from Amazon. How can I watch it on my tv?

Maybe I should have mentioned that Amazon also sells a Broad-band box carrying other Streaming apps besides the Amazon Prime app. You Tube plus many others.

The box is only about $100. My brother purchased one last fall. It is connected to his 2005 Sony Bravia 55 inch 1080p tv. The box essentially makes your older television function like a smart tv (box uses tv as monitor). You get to see programing in 1080p (Blu-ray quality). The same as your Blu-ray player would show for video. The box is well worth the money if you are not ready to get a new UHD smart tv.

Silver Problem Solver

Broad-band box? What is special about it compared to a Roku or similar? $100 is a top-end Roku. An entry-level Express is only $30, and the current versions are just as fast as the high-end ones. They just don't do 4K/HDR or have a WiFi voice remote.

Problem Solver

@andyross wrote:

Broad-band box? What is special about it compared to a Roku or similar? $100 is a top-end Roku. An entry-level Express is only $30, and the current versions are just as fast as the high-end ones. They just don't do 4K/HDR or have a WiFi voice remote.

Nothing at all really. If they have Amazon Prime, the Amazon box  works fine. I tested my brother's box right after he got it and he is happy with it. The voice remote also works for You Tube. My brother has Charter for his only choice as cable.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation