Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Aim Anywhere

New Poster

Aim Anywhere

How can I get my TV screen to display the 3 digit RF pairing code when it only wants to show programming on the selected channel? Is there a special "setup chanel" I should tune to?  My replacement Xfinity set-top box is not made by Motorola or Cisco, it is made by Dolby.  The box is in a phone closet behind closed doors 20 feet from my TV and behind all the seating. Through trial and error, I found that the RNG110 responds to my XR2 remote's direct line of site IR controls by holding Setup and then selecting B, the motorola setting.  When attempting to configure Aim Anywhere RF communication to the RNG110, the TV screen only shows the selected channel and not the setup screen where a 3 digit pairing number could be viewed and then entered.  The recommended website xfinity.com/remotes does NOT provide a list of set-top boxes that are compatible with RF remotes, though it does provide 5 digit codes, where again through trial and error I found that code 10702 allows me to control TV power and volume, but not channels.  Question 1.) How do we get the 3 digit RF pairing code to appear on the TV?  Question 2.) Can a list of set-top boxes that are Aim Anywhere capable be listed at Xfinity.com/Remotes?  By cycling power on my Dolby RNG110 I was able to get my Samsung TV remote to control the setbox chanels, so I can deduce that the RNG110 is RF capable.

Official Employee

Re: Aim Anywhere

The RNG110 is considered to be one of our Legacy cable boxes, and Legacy boxes do not support RF remote control - only IR.

Our X1 boxes do support RF control.  All X1 boxes have this feature built-in, with the exception of the RNG150, which would need an XR8 Aim Anywhere Adapter to be added.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation