New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Adding second HD/DVR

ANSWERED
Contributor

Adding second HD/DVR

Got a new HD TV for Christmas so want to add HD to it. I already have one TV with HD (Digital Preferred, I think) with a DVR in the house. Can I pick up another DVR and plug it in to the new TV and get HD? Anyone know how much the extra HD/DVR is per month?

Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solution

Re: Adding second HD/DVR

You can cerainly pickup another DVR at the local office, but newer ones might be in short supply around the holidays.  Ask for the "black DVR".

You do need to know if you have a TV outlet in the room and it is active.  If not, then you will need to arrange installation of the outlet by someone handy, someone local or from Comcast.

Prices vary by market area, some area's it's 7.95 for the additional digital outlet plus $8.00 for the DVR charge.  Some area's it's more.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

You can cerainly pickup another DVR at the local office, but newer ones might be in short supply around the holidays.  Ask for the "black DVR".

You do need to know if you have a TV outlet in the room and it is active.  If not, then you will need to arrange installation of the outlet by someone handy, someone local or from Comcast.

Prices vary by market area, some area's it's 7.95 for the additional digital outlet plus $8.00 for the DVR charge.  Some area's it's more.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I'm a bit confused.

I have cable now to the new TV. It's just going to the little box so no HD. Will that same cable outlet feed HD and it's the DVR which allows for the HD to work?

Cable Expert

Yes, since you have a live TV outlet you can just connect the DVR to the outlet.  Connect the DVR to the TV with HDMI or component cables.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks.