Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

30 SECOND SKIP

Regular Visitor

30 SECOND SKIP

Had to change out my dvr & remote. I was given a "legacy" dvr (non X1) and a 'xr2 v3 remote'. How can I add 30 second skip with this remote? "exit-exit-exit 0030" does not work due to not having X1 box. Please help! Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: 30 SECOND SKIP

You cannot add 30-second skip to the XR2 remote. It is too restricted and locked-down compared to the old silver or gray remotes. You may be able to go to a Comcast store and see if you can still get an older remote. Or get a 3rd party remote you can program.

Although it's no longer produced, you can still find the RCA RCRP05B (and RCRP05BR, which is the 'retail' version) online. It even has a dedicated skip button. I have been using these for several years, and use the connector in the battery compartment to custom program it (you need a special cable and some free software, and be a bit of a geek to understand how to do it, though.)

Be aware that the 30-second skip code only works with Motorola boxes as they still understand the old Motorola remote codes, in addition to the newer XMP code. Non-Motorola boxes only work with the XMP code set, and that does not have a 30-second skip.

Regular Visitor

Re: 30 SECOND SKIP

Thanks for the reply. Good info.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation