members

online now

discussions

xfinity.com is not responding popup

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 25

Hello all,

For over two weeks now while i am just surfing the net or going through my emails my computer will freeze up and i get a popup message saying "xfinity.com is not responding" with an option to click on "recover page". Online live tech had me do a speed test than unplug and replug in my router. He told me my speed was not as it should be so he downloaded a Bootfile to my modem saying it would speed things up and problem solved? This did not work and my speed is 180 Mbps so this was never the issue. Did a google search on my issue and found in comcast chat room that about one year ago people talking about my very issue but not giving much info on how to solve it other than to delete the xfinity toolbar which i do not seem to have a xfinity toolbar but for those who did and deleted it it solved the issue for some of them. They all said the xfinity.com not responding popup with the screen freezing was for sure a xfinity issue. Does anyone else have this problem going on multi times a day like i do? If so please let me know the fix for it. I have xfinity set as my home page and am running windows 7 with internet explorer 11

Thank you in advance for any and all help as it is driving my family and i crazy trying to solve this

Sincerely

Jerry

24 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 25

I have the same problem.  Someone please help.  Online chat with comcast cannot help.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 3 of 25

I personally use chrome browser, my husband uses Win 7, IE11 browser.  Neither of those browsers use comcast/xfinity for a home page.    If he kept having a recovery page pop up, he would be screaming the house down.  Smiley Wink 

Try using a different home page.. Remove the comcast/xfinity one, and chose another.    On both my browsers I use :  http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html   .. as one of my home pages.

Good Luck, ciao, bj

Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 25

I have the exact same problem. It drives me crazy since it happens ALL the time! Either xfinity,com not responding or comcast.com not responding or IE has stopped due to an error on this site, which happens to be the xfinity home page. I've tried all the fixes listed but nothing works. It seem the biggest problem when I leave the home age to a different website. Then when I try to return to the home page it's freezes. I have to reboot to be able to remove the problem. Help!!!!!

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 5 of 25

...there just has to be a number of subscribers having this problem...is there ever a response from Xfinity on this?

Posted by
New Poster
Message 6 of 25

I am having the same problem and I am seeking how to fix it too.  Many people are having this problem and getting frustrated too.

Bail

Posted by
New Poster
Message 7 of 25

I complained over a week ago and no response yet.  VERY FRUSTRATED

Bail

Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 25

I was just on chat with xfinity tach, and was assured that they are working on it and should be resolved in a couple of days

Posted by
New Poster
Message 9 of 25

I find it hard to believe we all have the same problem..Comcast told me to change browsers I did not any better. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 10 of 25

I, said it above in message 3, and I'll say it again.   Why change browsers, if you're satisfied with what you use?  

CHANGE YOUR HOME PAGE!    The choices are infinite.  

Comcast is "in a state of flux".    

A "state of flux" defined---    

What does it mean to be in a constant state of flux?
3. continuous change or movement 

Good Luck, ciao, bj

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 11 of 25

Was having the same problem as all are describing here with my old Vista and now with my new Windows 10 computer. In the old computer it would occur when using Internet Explorer  or Firefox. I remembered that after installing the Ad Blocker extension to Firefox on the old Vista the problem was greatly reduced. I have since installed the Ad Block extension (not the Plus one) for Windows Edge from the Windows Store and I got the same great results. I have not seen the "webpage not responding" error for 3 days now and everything is much faster when using comcast .xxx and/or comcast e-mail. I think Comcast should investigate the software from the third parties advertisers they are allowing.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 12 of 25

Yes and it is very annoying. Any answers?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations, you've have started 5 topics! Your communication brings an abundance of information to the community!

Message 13 of 25
Yes, Jerry, I am having the very same problem, it's so frustrating it's PITIFUL, I will at times loose whatever site I'm on, even Xfinity/Comcast homepage.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 14 of 25

I am having the same problem.Xfinity is not responding

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 15 of 25

Has any one found a fix.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 16 of 25

Has any one found a fix

Posted by
Contributor

Message 17 of 25

This problem is still going on.  I hate it.  Whatever I am doing I get Comcast not responding and I don't care what I am on, IE, Google, etc.  Everytime I sign out I am directed to a page that says "refresh page".  With all the increases in service, you would think it would be better, what a laugh.  Comcast used to be good but not now.  Try talking to a customer service agent, you can't understand them, they can't understand you, and they are only reading from a script.  Even on chat, the only think they say is to delete your history, cookies, etc.  like we aren't smart enough to do that and it doesn't help the problems.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 18 of 25

I've been having the same problem. Can't even go through my emails without it freezing up several times. So far no luck either trying to resolve the problem!! Xfinity needs to get their act together or this is one customer they will be losing!! Sorry I couldn't be of any help!

Frustrated Diane

Posted by
New Poster

Message 19 of 25

I have had the same problem since I switched to Windows 10. The problem initially occurred while switching from one email account to another. I have contacted the techs numerous times.  One told me that Xfinity was revising their email system.  I asked if the were testing it in a "development" mode and he told me "no, they fix a problem and then give it directly to users (like me).  I told them I needed my email to work and the reply to that was "Get a Gmail or Yahoo account".  Since then (about 2 months ago) the problem has gotten worse.  They don't seem to care that we are all sitting here commiserating with each other and griping about their service.  I went through the drills of rebooting modems until they gave me a new one which doesn't help the problem one bit.  My wish now is for another company to offer cable service in Sacramento.  Perhaps a little competition would help solve the problem.  I know I haven't contributed to a solution for the problem but I got this off my chest anyway. I will monitor this forum hoping someone will find a solution that works!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 20 of 25

Thanks, dont you think they should credit our account for this bs

Posted by
New Poster

Message 21 of 25

They have credited my account with 1 day of credit.  I set Yahoo as my home page after my last communication and haven't had another problem with 'Xfinity not responding'.  Thank you all for your suggestions.  The first one I tried has worked so far.  Cherokee989

Posted by
New Poster

Message 22 of 25

I'm running windows 7 home premium and have been having the same problem very frequently for the last several months. Nobody at xfinity seems to know what they are doing or seems to care. Please find a fix for this.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 23 of 25

I have been having it for about 2 months. It does not matter what browser you use-- chrome, firefox edge.  It says "xfinity is not responding" if you are on main page and it says "comcast is not responding" if you are in emails. For the kind of money we pay Comcast this is ridiculous that it has not been taken care of.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 24 of 25

Hello All, I show that the email system has been updated since your last post. If you're still having issues with accessing our webpage or any features within the website please send me a private message with your full address by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me" Thanks.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 25 of 25

Hi Everyone,  I have a "work-around" only, since there has not ever been a solution to this.  I have spent countless hours over many years of time about this--including repeated searches all over these Forums.  I have wasted all this time--and I have done this repeatedly.  Yes, I have done this recently--that is how I happened upon this thread.

In my opinion, I do not think this/these long-running/long-known problems will ever be solved.

My "work-around" :  When you absolutely HAVE TO access these web pages;  get onto them, do whatever you absolutely need to do as quickly as you possibly can--and, then close those webpages.  If possible, never have more than one page open that has either "comcast" or "xfinity" in your browser's address bar.  You still might have the problem, but I assure you, it will not occur as often.