online now

discussions

xfinity.com is not responding popup

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 16 (3,654 Views)

xfinity.com is not responding popup

Hello all,

For over two weeks now while i am just surfing the net or going through my emails my computer will freeze up and i get a popup message saying "xfinity.com is not responding" with an option to click on "recover page". Online live tech had me do a speed test than unplug and replug in my router. He told me my speed was not as it should be so he downloaded a Bootfile to my modem saying it would speed things up and problem solved? This did not work and my speed is 180 Mbps so this was never the issue. Did a google search on my issue and found in comcast chat room that about one year ago people talking about my very issue but not giving much info on how to solve it other than to delete the xfinity toolbar which i do not seem to have a xfinity toolbar but for those who did and deleted it it solved the issue for some of them. They all said the xfinity.com not responding popup with the screen freezing was for sure a xfinity issue. Does anyone else have this problem going on multi times a day like i do? If so please let me know the fix for it. I have xfinity set as my home page and am running windows 7 with internet explorer 11

Thank you in advance for any and all help as it is driving my family and i crazy trying to solve this

Sincerely

Jerry

15 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 16 (3,320 Views)

Re: xfinity.com is not responding popup

I have the same problem.  Someone please help.  Online chat with comcast cannot help.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 3 of 16 (3,306 Views)

I personally use chrome browser, my husband uses Win 7, IE11 browser.  Neither of those browsers use comcast/xfinity for a home page.    If he kept having a recovery page pop up, he would be screaming the house down.  Smiley Wink 

Try using a different home page.. Remove the comcast/xfinity one, and chose another.    On both my browsers I use :  http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html   .. as one of my home pages.

Good Luck, ciao, bj

Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 16 (2,334 Views)

I have the exact same problem. It drives me crazy since it happens ALL the time! Either xfinity,com not responding or comcast.com not responding or IE has stopped due to an error on this site, which happens to be the xfinity home page. I've tried all the fixes listed but nothing works. It seem the biggest problem when I leave the home age to a different website. Then when I try to return to the home page it's freezes. I have to reboot to be able to remove the problem. Help!!!!!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 5 of 16 (2,132 Views)

...there just has to be a number of subscribers having this problem...is there ever a response from Xfinity on this?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 6 of 16 (1,985 Views)

I am having the same problem and I am seeking how to fix it too.  Many people are having this problem and getting frustrated too.

Bail

Posted by
Visitor
Message 7 of 16 (1,984 Views)

I complained over a week ago and no response yet.  VERY FRUSTRATED

Bail

Posted by
Visitor

Message 8 of 16 (1,964 Views)

I was just on chat with xfinity tach, and was assured that they are working on it and should be resolved in a couple of days

Posted by
Visitor
Message 9 of 16 (1,370 Views)

I find it hard to believe we all have the same problem..Comcast told me to change browsers I did not any better. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 10 of 16 (1,360 Views)

I, said it above in message 3, and I'll say it again.   Why change browsers, if you're satisfied with what you use?  

CHANGE YOUR HOME PAGE!    The choices are infinite.  

Comcast is "in a state of flux".    

A "state of flux" defined---    

What does it mean to be in a constant state of flux?
3. continuous change or movement 

Good Luck, ciao, bj

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 11 of 16 (1,144 Views)

Was having the same problem as all are describing here with my old Vista and now with my new Windows 10 computer. In the old computer it would occur when using Internet Explorer  or Firefox. I remembered that after installing the Ad Blocker extension to Firefox on the old Vista the problem was greatly reduced. I have since installed the Ad Block extension (not the Plus one) for Windows Edge from the Windows Store and I got the same great results. I have not seen the "webpage not responding" error for 3 days now and everything is much faster when using comcast .xxx and/or comcast e-mail. I think Comcast should investigate the software from the third parties advertisers they are allowing.

Posted by
Visitor
Message 12 of 16 (536 Views)

Yes and it is very annoying. Any answers?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations, you've have started 5 topics! Your communication brings an abundance of information to the community!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 13 of 16 (439 Views)

Yes, Jerry, I am having the very same problem, it's so frustrating it's PITIFUL, I will at times loose whatever site I'm on, even Xfinity/Comcast homepage.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 14 of 16 (346 Views)

I am having the same problem.Xfinity is not responding

Posted by
Visitor

Message 15 of 16 (150 Views)

Has any one found a fix.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 16 (147 Views)

Has any one found a fix