For over two weeks now while i am just surfing the net or going through my emails my computer will freeze up and i get a popup message saying "xfinity.com is not responding" with an option to click on "recover page". Online live tech had me do a speed test than unplug and replug in my router. He told me my speed was not as it should be so he downloaded a Bootfile to my modem saying it would speed things up and problem solved? This did not work and my speed is 180 Mbps so this was never the issue. Did a google search on my issue and found in comcast chat room that about one year ago people talking about my very issue but not giving much info on how to solve it other than to delete the xfinity toolbar which i do not seem to have a xfinity toolbar but for those who did and deleted it it solved the issue for some of them. They all said the xfinity.com not responding popup with the screen freezing was for sure a xfinity issue. Does anyone else have this problem going on multi times a day like i do? If so please let me know the fix for it. I have xfinity set as my home page and am running windows 7 with internet explorer 11
Thank you in advance for any and all help as it is driving my family and i crazy trying to solve this
I personally use chrome browser, my husband uses Win 7, IE11 browser. Neither of those browsers use comcast/xfinity for a home page. If he kept having a recovery page pop up, he would be screaming the house down.
I have the exact same problem. It drives me crazy since it happens ALL the time! Either xfinity,com not responding or comcast.com not responding or IE has stopped due to an error on this site, which happens to be the xfinity home page. I've tried all the fixes listed but nothing works. It seem the biggest problem when I leave the home age to a different website. Then when I try to return to the home page it's freezes. I have to reboot to be able to remove the problem. Help!!!!!
Was having the same problem as all are describing here with my old Vista and now with my new Windows 10 computer. In the old computer it would occur when using Internet Explorer or Firefox. I remembered that after installing the Ad Blocker extension to Firefox on the old Vista the problem was greatly reduced. I have since installed the Ad Block extension (not the Plus one) for Windows Edge from the Windows Store and I got the same great results. I have not seen the "webpage not responding" error for 3 days now and everything is much faster when using comcast .xxx and/or comcast e-mail. I think Comcast should investigate the software from the third parties advertisers they are allowing.