Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

why can I manage my xfinity plan online anymore (ie add services, check what I have, etc)

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 10

I am not sure when this started by for at least the past few days, probably more, I cannot "shop/upgrade", check what packages are on my account, manage services, etc. on my online xfinity account.  When I try to access these things I get an error page that says "We're sorry it looks you need some help completing your order. Contact us at 1-877-821-9868" any ideas? this is really annoying.

9 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 10
Your issue is a "known issue" but depending upon who you talk to at Comcast, they will tell you that it is a problem with your system or that you do not know how to use your system. They will make you go through all the usual troubleshooting methods: reset your modem, clear your cache/cookies, switch browsers, etc. None of these work because the problem is not yours - it's Comcast's. Note that if you subscribe to Comcast voice and you use it to call Comcast, your call will drop (because resetting your modem will cut off your phone connection) and you will have to call them back. Of course, when you call them back, you will have to start all over again with a new tech support person who will ask you to repeat the process. Either way, Comcast will deflect the problem and make it your fault so that they do not have to try and fix it. Your issue is very common. I have it as well as a lot of people I know have it. As I said, Comcast knows that this is an issue - they just don't care about it. Sorry, I meant to say that Comcast does not care about YOU THE CUSTOMER. Sorry Comcast, but it's true.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 10

Hi, mickison. I'd like to help look into the issue with your account that's causing you to be unable to utilize the My Account and Shop/Upgrade features on our website. Please click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me to send me a message verifying your full name, address, the username you're using to log into our website, and the phone number associated with your account so I can assist.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 10

I have had and continue to have this same issue for almost 3 years. I am told a ticket is being generated and my issue will be a priority to fix. And of course an offer is made to make upgrades while I'm on the phone. Well, as stated, I've been dealing with this issue for 3 years. I just completed a live chat. Ticket # 1707150152. When I explained the ongoing issue, the representative said he was sorry and then immediately wanted to know what package I'm internested in!!!!!  Whether I call or use live chat, the outcome is always the same. As our chat was coming to an end, I tried to use the PRINT button but it did not work. The representative was sorry and told me that after a brief survey, I there would be an option to have our chat session sent to my email. That option did not appear. The icing on the cake...I was thanked for taking the survey, then given an option to look at Comcast's newest deals/packages!!! So I clicked it and guess what? Yup! You guessed it. I received the following message...(laugh or scream...I laughed...).

We're sorry. We were unable to complete your request.

There was a problem processing your order. Please call 1-877-821-9868 and one of our
friendly and knowledgeable representatives will help get you connected.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

at this point, I assume this "error message" is in fact done by design. Given no option to research current packages and pricing, independent of a telephone call to Comcast, means you must call! And then the sales pitch to buy more begins. This has always been my experience over the last 3 years of trying to get an issue fixed that clearly is not meant to be fixed. Even in this forum I see the Xfinity experts simply say that they've looked at the person's account and they are getting the best deal or that they have deals they can offer.....ARRG!!!!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 10

Hi trese0701! Sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get this taken care of. I'm more than happy to assist you. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 6 of 10

Was this issue able to be fixed? I have been experiencing the same issue while trying to manage my account on xfinity.com.  Like the previous posters, after calling Support I was told that it was a known issue and the website was being 'updated'.  

Posted by
New Poster

Message 7 of 10
I guess it's time to holdback part of my payment until it's fixed
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 10

Hey Pmicielli, If you are still having issues managing your plan online, please feel free to send me a private message. To send a private message click on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message. In the body of your message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, the street address and phone number associated with your services. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 9 of 10

I have the same issue - sent a PM to ComcastShane and ComcastMax.  ComcastMax didn't reply and ComcastShane stopped replying after asking me what the issue was.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 10 of 10

Hi @TWild. We apologize for the delayed response. I have received and responded to your private message. Let's take it from there. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.