Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

how to delete saved user name and password!

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 7

Somehow my user name and password were saved on the sign-in screen and I don't remember checking that I wanted them to be saved.  Therefore, anytime I sign in to my account anyone can access it by clicking "sign in," as my username and password automatically come up.  Please help me delete them!  Thx 

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 7

lpail wrote:

Somehow my user name and password were saved on the sign-in screen and I don't remember checking that I wanted them to be saved.  Therefore, anytime I sign in to my account anyone can access it by clicking "sign in," as my username and password automatically come up.  Please help me delete them!  Thx 

This is a function of the stored passwords within the browser you are using.  You will need to go into the browser's settings and find ann remove the stored password for the site.  Clear cache when done and reload the browser.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
New Poster
Message 3 of 7

How do I delete a saved password

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 4 of 7

dennisbud52 wrote:

How do I delete a saved password

See the post above which answered this question to another user:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/how-to-delete-saved-user-name-and-password/m...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 7

geek46 wrote:

lpail wrote:

This is a function of the stored passwords within the browser you are using.  You will need to go into the browser's settings and find ann remove the stored password for the site.  Clear cache when done and reload the browser.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

This is happening to me and I do not think it is the browser issue. First thing I did was clear browsers and use both Edge and Firefox to check it out and it still happened.

I say this because when I sign on to my laptop it signs me in immediately to my husband's email not mine. He never and I mean never touches this computer so I am thinking it has to do with the fact that he is the primary account holder and I am a secondary and the Comcast main page knows that.

Comcast technician coming for other reasons today and I plan to show him the issue and get advice. I will post here with what I find out.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 6 of 7

So I bought a TC8717C modem second hand.  Only I cannot log in because the previous user customized the username and password.  I tried holding the reset button for 30.  No luck.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 7

Hi vincentnutt1603,

Please see the post above by geek46, stating the following:

"This is a function of the stored passwords within the browser you are using.  You will need to go into the browser's settings and find ann remove the stored password for the site.  Clear cache when done and reload the browser."

Please try these steps and let me know if you have any luck. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.