Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Videos Update

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 101 of 110

12/08/2015
The ActiveX Filtering "fix" did not work for me
using IE 11 ; Win7

Trying to watch the "Today in Video" and nothing on the page works for me.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 102 of 110
Posted by
Visitor
Message 103 of 110

I have not been able to see the video portion of "Today in Video" for a few months.  I do have the audio part.  I thought maybe it was a setting on my computer was changed but now have found this forum and see that I am not the only one having this problem.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 104 of 110

Videos don't play now - never did.  Doesn't matter which browser.  Sound works - not visuals.  Lots of wasted expense for xfinity.

ComcastDaniel wrote:

Hello,

We’ve been reading your posts, searching our logs, and doing our own internal tests to determine what is causing the problems that many of you have been seeing with the player. Today we released an update to address a number of the issues that we have found.

Your feedback is important to us! Please let us know if you continue to have any issues and if everything’s fixed, we’d love to know what you think of the new video experience.

We’re sorry for the problems you have been experiencing and we’ll continue to watch the site and watch the forums for any remaining issues and then work to get them sorted out as soon as possible.

Thanks,

- Dan

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 105 of 110

Update?  Where?  I just tried to see a video.  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 106 of 110

Still does not work and that is since 2015 sill no worky!! 8/25/16

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 107 of 110

Dan

In all fairness and retired from the cable industry I am appalled that xfinity managment would tolerate the number of complaints across all browser /pc combinations without a solution.

Your reponses resembles the ad about the guard in the bank during a robbery ,

I'm not a guard I'm just a monitor --

Please ask for help .

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 108 of 110

Can anyone tell me why my Comcast videos will not load or play. When you click on them they just keep saying loading. This is while using updated FireFox. If I go to chrome the audio for the videos will play but not the video part. Then if I go to Internet Explorer they will load and play both video and audio. This has been going on for months now

Any help would be appreciated. If you folks dont know already It appears that FireFox no longer supports Java and Silverlight I suppose this is causing the problem and appartently Google Chrome is going that way also. I can get IE to play the video with sound however.

DoubleG

Posted by
Visitor

Message 109 of 110

I am still not able to view Today on Video.  It is not working for my Macbook air, Safari...

This is the biggest ripoff, as it amounts to the time wasted and the fees we pay.

Fix it.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 110 of 110

As of 4/12/17 I updated to latest adobe flash player version 25.0.0.148 and now my videos are working again. Go figure !!

DoubleG