Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Videos Update

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Videos Update

I cannot get Today in Video using IE 11, using win 7.  I can get it using Google Chrome.  The other video modes seem to work with IE11.  Thanks.

New Poster

too much ads . takes more time than news. can't put up with this much longer!!!

Frequent Visitor

Hi, if you can pull up my posting dated 11-17-2014, I posted a solution using Windows7, IE 11.  As of today ,my Today in News Video is still working, even after the fixes made by Xfinity after 11-21-2014.  If for some reason you can not pull it up, let me know and I can re-post it.  

Frequent Visitor

I think if you just click on my name, it will bring up my postings and you will find the posting for 11-17-2014.9:53pm. Good luck!

Frequent Visitor

I posted on Nov. 23 that neither Firefox or Safari will run the videos on the new "Today in Video" page. I'm  running Yosemite on a Mac Air.  I keep hoping every day that it is fixed. I am reporting that nothing has changed.  We haven't been able to view the videos since it was launched. The other family computer is a MacBookPro running Yosemite and the page doesn't work on it  either. The fix for Windows 7 obviously doesn't help me.

Contributor

No Audio ONLY when selecting Today In Video. All other sections work ok.

Frequent Visitor

Well throw me on the no video pile.IE11,windows 7.

Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem using Windows7, IE 11 and I posted a solution on 11-17-2014. Go to my posting for that date and follow the instructions.  It worked for me and is still working.  Good luck, let me know if it works for you.

Frequent Visitor

I had previously tried that, no go for me. Thanks for trying you've done more than comcast.

New Poster

No video on Windows 7, Chrome browser.

Its been at least 3 weeks that they haven't worked.

Long enough that I only check maybe once a week to see if its changed.

New Poster

the adds are no longer on my e-mail account . Thank you very much. also less adds on the video

I am very glad that I can use my Xfinity now

Randy 

Frequent Visitor

Bushwah!  Nothing's fixed.  Today In Video still doesn't load nor run.  What the he__ are we paying for?  I'm better moving to Verizon Fios!  At least they'd fix the issue once and for all.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, Please.  Repost.  You're a whole lot smarter than those knuckleheads at Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

We should copy all of these unanswered complaints and forward them to Comcast's Chairman of the Board and see what happens!

Frequent Visitor

This worked on my laptop running Windows7, IE 11.  Go to:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-active-filtering and you will find an article named "Use Activex controls".  Go down to "ActiveX Filtering" and click on "To Turn on ActiveX Filtering for all sites" and follow the instructions listed (click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar, click on the Tools button, point to Safety in the dropdown menu, and a new box appears to the left and click on Active Filtering.  There should now be a check mark next to ActiveX Filtering.  Now go down to the paragraph named "Adjust ActiveX settings in Internet Explorer" and click on "To change ActiveX settings" to expand the paragraph and follow these instructions: 2) go back up to the "Tools" (gears icon) again and click on "Internet Options"; 3) On the "Security" tab, click on "Custom level" and scroll down to "ActiveX controls and plug-ins", and under "Allow ActiveX filtering" click on "Enable"; now these next two steps are not listed in that article but I have also "Disabled" the next two items listed as "Allow previously unused Activex controls to run without permission" and "Allow Scriplets"; next, under "Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls" click on "Disable"; scroll down to "Display video and animation on a webpage that doesn't use external media player" click on "Disable"; scroll down to "Download signed ActiveX controls and click on "Prompt"; scroll down to "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" and click on "Enable"; scroll down to "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting" and click on "Enable", click on OK and click on OK again.  I restarted my computer and the News Videos were back on. Hopefully everything will be working for you.  I did this to my computer on 11-17-2014 and even after 11-21 when comcast made some updates, their updates did not affect my computer running Windows7 IE11 but it did affect my Mac running Yosemite 10.10. Safari 7.1.  Comcast made some more changes and now my Mac is up and running.
Sorry for all the detailed steps, but as I am not a geek, I myself have to have detailed instructions.  Let me know if this helps, Good Luck!

New Poster

The videos in the top section of the webpage (usually scrolls horizontally through 0 - 16 topics and disguised ads) and the "Top Videos" section are not viewable!  Been this way for many weeks since the Home page was "improved".  Clicking on a subject video takes you to a dark background screen with still photos of the subject video and others across the top and "Loading" repeated several times.  Nothing further happens and attempts to work with that page (clicking on icons, etc.) yields no results.  HP dsktop, Windows Vista, IE9.

In many areas of the Hompage attempts to return to the Homepage (eg. the above situation) using the "back" button yield no results.  The Homepage has to be restarted.  Annoying and time consuming!

Nothing on the Homepage seems accessible until ALL the advertisements are loaded.  Again, time consuming and annoying!  Rember....I DO pay for internet service every month on my bill

With the Comcast/Infinity association with NBC it appears that the vast majority of news videos originate with NBC.  Notwithstanding NBC's tendency to be less than objective in certain subject areas (my opinion) there are other creditable news sources (CBS, ABC, FOX, BBC, Reuters, etc.).  The old Comcast Hompage used to feature video news items from a variety of sources/perspectives.

New Poster

The videos run for me but I have no sound . . . Smiley Sad

Regular Visitor

Today In Video has NEVER worked for me, since you went to the new format!!  Page opens, video previews show up, but the left side of the page is BLANK and videos DO NOT PLAY!!  What am I PAYING for, if I can't even see the videos!?

Please respond,

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

It isn't plausible that subscribers should have to continue to pay for a broken product after a month of complaints.

We aren't asking for a new product just what we were paying for.

What do you think you are Comcast?  A Republican House Member?

Email Expert
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

I think I accidentally found a solution.  Try accessing comcast.net through Mozilla.  Today In Video loads and plays if you do this.  Try it.

Frequent Visitor

So does chrome.

Frequent Visitor

Dear Mr. Throttle - you say don't be a smartass just address the issue - well I have seen  nearly a month of nice logical people trying to be nice and logical and what of a positive nature has there been in problem solution?  Just a churning of semi-tech's trying to do the work of Comcast to little avail.  Comcast's interests are a financial return - not to spend time and money to resolve a problem which only they can resolve - but maybe you can - lets see how that works out.  Sometimes being nice doesn't get reasonable timely action.  What are you paying for?

New Poster

where do I get the update. I am using firefox on windows 7. No video just ads.  PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!

New Poster

Xfinity "Today in Video" keeps scrolling to the left and I cannot stop this from happening.  I cannot watch any newsclip videos and cannot scroll down the page.

Regular Visitor

I posted on one other title but am having the same problem the Video's at the top of my Xfinity homepage and the ones that are just below that don't play but everything under the news sections below & sports all play.  I'm sick of this was online using their Chat option got cut off 2 times switched once, refreshed signal which disconnected me, was told to close the browser which disconnected me and in general another person after I told her that refreshing the signal would just make me have to reset my router & modem again did it anyway and even tho I told her they'd already tried that.  Personally I'm sick of dealing with the crappy Customer Service I'm getting.  I've been charged in the past for specialized Customer Service even tho I was the one who ended up resolving the problem after being cut off numerous times from a call I'd made for help that time.  Their attitude was well you agreed to pay.  Lol yeah if you helped!  Seriously I'd rather use another internet provider that might not be so fast but has much better Customer Service.  I'll be doing my research so I can do just that.  At least I've never had this problem with any provider I've ever had in the past so maybe I just need to go back to one of them.  Comcast has had their chance it's been over 9 years of crappy service & that's far too long for me.

Regular Visitor

I've had the same problem for 2 days. It's on my Macbook Pro and Microsoft Surface so I know it's not the OS. Any suggestions?

Rosanna

New Poster

I have observed the same issue. Today in Video just keeps scrolling to the left. No videos actually launch. Scrolling down the page is also dysfunctional. The problem exists in both IE10 and FireFox. The problem started yesterday. However, yesterday IE10 was functional on the Today in Video site. Today both browsers are unable to play videos.

Contributor

I am also having this same problem - videos will not play at all.  Using Windows 8 and Firefox

Regular Visitor

Today in video, not working right. videos just scan by without stopping. The whole page jumps around. I have called Comcast and they just don't seem to get it. I know others have this problem. Why can't it be corrected?

Contributor

My Xfinity video links have not worked since sometime in December 2014.  I have worked with  Intenet support online twice and had a tech come out.  Tech said it was nothing on my end that it was a problem with the Xfinity web server.  I would like it to please get fixed as Xfinity is my homepage and I use all the content on it and it is frustrating to not be able to see any of the news videos from links on this page.  Pleas figure it out and fix it.  Also, when I call Billing to ask for a credit I am tired of getting the run around that it must be a problem on my end.  Someone please inform billing departments.

Frequent Visitor

If you want to try this solution, it worked for me.  Go to my post dated 12-13-2014 and follow all the steps.  I know it is work on your part but Comcast will not do it for you, so give it a try and Good Luck!

Contributor

Thank you.  I will try and let you know.

Contributor

Thanks for the post.  The link to microsoft was no longer there, however your post gave excellent step-by-step instructions and I carefully followed them to a T.  The only change I had to make in my computer was to turn on Active X Filtering from the IE Tools icon, as mine was not checked.  All the other options were already enabled or disabled or prompted, whatever the case might be just as you instruction.  I hit OK twice and restarted.  Still doesn't work, so sorry to say.  When I restarted I went in and rechecked everything again in case I had errored, but it was all just as you instructed.  But thanks for so much for trying to help me.  Maybe it will help somebody else though, so anybody out there having this problem, it is worth trying at least.

Contributor

Still not able to use my video links on xfinity homepage.  I think this a lot bigger problem than we are seeing on the forums, simply because a lot of people are not reporting the problem.  I spoke with a good friend in AZ who said she hasn't been able to get her links to work for months either, but she hasn't taken the time to report.   Worked again with internet tech via phone at Comcast yesterday.  She had me try reset IE to default settings, (keeping all my personal settings) but didn't help anything.  She then created an open ticket and gave it a high priority alert to be investigated further.  Today, someone at the help desk at Comcast did phone me back and basically just had me reiterate the problem to him and verify all the steps we have taken in the past to attempt to fix, but he said he didn't know the answer but would be working on it in his department and get back with me.  He said it did not seem to be a national problem, and I told him he shouldn't assume that because I have spoken to lots of people that have the same problem but they aren't reporting it in, because of he hassle to find the time.  I am stubborn though and I am not giving up and I will continue to expect a credit every month until it is fixed.  Everyone should continue to once a month or so to report again so it stays an issue that needs to be addressed and not shoved aside and forgotten.

Regular Visitor

I've had the same problem and reported it, here.  The techs need to read these boards, if they think it's not a national problem!!  I got so annoyed trying to fix it, I just made yahoo my home page.  At least their videos WORK!  I only go to comcast for my email now.  They are worthless if you have a problem,

Contributor

Thanks, vvkathy!  I know it is a national problem too. I may have to try the yahoo homepage or just change my ISP.  Have thought about contacting Adobe Flashplayer and seeing if they think they can help. But I think Comcast  should be doing that.

New Poster

I have put in 4 tickets regarding this issue.  When I call support they act as if they have never heard of this problem.  Then the tickets disappear and there is no record of this issue on my account.  I have not been able to watch videos on the xfinity website on either chrome or Internet Explorer for months.  Today I got an option to install an app on my desktop to watch my recorded DVR shows.  This application does not work either.  I can watch videos on many other sites, the only issue I have is on Comcast sites. 

Contributor

Wow! Not good at all. Tell them you are leaving Comcast for  a competitor. I am considering doing also.

New Poster

I have been having this problem for at least couple of months now. I click on the news clip and it says loading but only a black/grey box is there. It says playing over the clip on the right. I think it may have started when the page changed but don't remember exactly. Please look into it again and find a fix. I pay good money for comcast services and it is not cheap. I expect to get what I pay for. 

Thanks

Contributor

I was able to fix the problem of not being able to open video links on the Xfinity home page only, on IE11, Windows 7.  I was able to open them on any other web page. I was also able to open them if I changed browsers and used Modzilla Firefox. 

To be able to open videos in IE11, I had tun off my Tracing Protection:  Go to IE Tools>Safety>Turn Off Tracking Protection. 

See if this works for you.

Regular Visitor

Amazing how this has been going on since novemeber and comcast still cant get it right the videos played just fine till you all change the format ,i got an ideal how about just go back to what worked instead of fixing it ,i mean how hard is that come on comcast think outside the box and take care of your customers instead of your back pocket ,speaking of which how about giving us back some money for the services we cant use how that grap you

Regular Visitor

THANK YOU!!!!  This WORKED!  I can finally watch videos again!

Contributor

Good.  I am glad it is helping a few people at least. Just remember to turn Tracking Protection back on when you leave Comcast home page to web surf.

New Poster

Still can't view "Watch Top Videos" from home page

Contributor

Did you try turning off your Tracking Protection in IE11?

Regular Visitor

thank you blackjagcg turned mine off and guess what video's play  and i have ie11 windows 8.1 or whatever it is now not to worried about turning it back on running the norton that comcast provides us with and it catches a lot stuff and lets me know

Contributor

Glad that helped.  Must be an IE and Comcast incompatibility problem. 

Regular Visitor

Seems like I have to keep coming back here to post in order to get things working.  I've been able to watch video's again until today.  All the sudden any news video I click on brings up my video & all the others available then starts running thru all of them like a 2 sec snip of each one.  I can't watch any video completely unless I find one that has it's own page along with some article with it.  If it's just a video news feed I'll never get to view it.

New Poster

i have a mac pro an videos are not working on my laptop