New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Videos Update

Official Employee

Xfinity Videos Update

Hello,

We’ve been reading your posts, searching our logs, and doing our own internal tests to determine what is causing the problems that many of you have been seeing with the player. Today we released an update to address a number of the issues that we have found.

Your feedback is important to us! Please let us know if you continue to have any issues and if everything’s fixed, we’d love to know what you think of the new video experience.

We’re sorry for the problems you have been experiencing and we’ll continue to watch the site and watch the forums for any remaining issues and then work to get them sorted out as soon as possible.

Thanks,

- Dan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Videos Update

At 1:03 pst, my Xfinity Video still isn't working.  I click the Picture and nothing happens. 

Frequent Visitor

From previous post:  This problem is with the "Today in Video" section of the Comcast.net webpage.

Official Employee

We'll take a look and see what we can find. Thanks for reporting it.

- Dan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

As of 6:24 the videos were not working.

Using IE 9, videos seem to work when using Firefox, but more websites support IE so that is what I use.

Frequent Visitor

Whatever you did fixed my problem. Videos working fine. Thank you.
New Poster

Still not working Daniel as of 11/22/2014?!

New Poster

I'm having the same issue.  As of 11/22 still not working.  Just a blank space where the player should be.  I am using a Mac and Safari.  All current updates to Flash player and Safari have been installed.

New Poster

The new Comcast video service has become unusable.  Not because it doesn't work, but because it literally forces you to watch more ads than actual content.  Even TV has long periods content before going to relatively brief commercial breaks.  We already pay for Comcast internet; why the need to load the content with a ridiculous quantity of ads.  Could it be greed?

Regular Visitor

Bingo!!! Video is back. Thank you for monitoring the forum and picking up on this trend.

Regular Contributor

11:45 central time, Today in Video still not working.  Also, now cannot read CNBC news, loads then page turns white.

Regular Visitor

I am also having the same issue with not being able to play the Xfinity videos. Read the forum and executed "Delete Data" for both the Storage & Advanced tabs in the Flash Player window of System Preferences as suggested. Also cleared history in Safari to no avail. The thumbnail says "Now Playing" but still getting the black screen. 

Frequent Visitor

It works with Google Chrome.  Ok, except i use IE11.  Keep trying Comcast.  It still isn't working.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Dan, this will be my 3rd posting on "Why is the news video not working on Xfinity Comcast website". On 10-10-14, I had that problem with my laptop running Windows 8.1 and on 11-17-14, I had the same problem with my 2nd laptop running Windows7, IE 11.  After much researching I resolved the problem on both computers and posted my findings.  As of today, both of those computers are able to show the News Videos. Yesterday, 11-21-14, I turn on my Mac running OS X version 10.9.5, Safari 7.1 and NOW I can not view any News Videos on my Mac. I get back on the Support Forum and I see that you posted an "Xfinity Videos Update" that on 11-21-14, comcast "had released an update to address a number of issues". Well I had no issues with my Mac until the update yesterday.  Since I am not proficient on my Mac nor am I a computer geek, I will have to do some serious researching to resolve this problem.  I found a posting yesterday listed under "Xfinity Videos Don't Play on My Mac" and the suggestions posted by JayingAlg (cable expert) and Jim_fm_Oaktown worked but only temporarily.  Once I "Delete Data" in

both the Storage and Advanced tabs in the Flash Player window and also cleared the history data in my Safari browser, the news videos willl open up under the old comcast interface.  But once I shut down and restart, it is back to the same old problem, no news videos.  I am able to watchTV online and videos from NBC and others, but no Top News Videos. Dan, Is there anything Comcast can do to resolve this problem or if anybody out there is having the same problem with their Mac OS X 10.9.5, Safari 7.1 browser, please help, cause Comcast sure is not going to help, unless you Dan are the exception.  I am so frustrated at this point.

Regular Visitor

Still unable to load videos.

New Poster

I haven't been able to view any videos since the format was changed. I'm using Windows 8.1

New Poster

Dan, as of Sunday 11-23-2014 Videos are still not working

I am on Safari.  What ever your fix is, its not working.

Frequent Visitor

Hey Dan, I am having all the same problems as everyone else. I am running a Mac and Safari. No news video feeds with new format.

Please help

Frequent Visitor

ComcastDaniel wrote:

Hello,

We’ve been reading your posts, searching our logs, and doing our own internal tests to determine what is causing the problems that many of you have been seeing with the player. Today we released an update to address a number of the issues that we have found.

Your feedback is important to us! Please let us know if you continue to have any issues and if everything’s fixed, we’d love to know what you think of the new video experience.

We’re sorry for the problems you have been experiencing and we’ll continue to watch the site and watch the forums for any remaining issues and then work to get them sorted out as soon as possible.

Thanks,

- Dan

As of Sunday 11:30am PST, no change for me. The videos don't work on Firefox used on a Mac running Yosemite. We can view them on Safari but want to use Firefox. Thanks for working on the problem! Don't stop!

Frequent Visitor

New problem...the videos won't play on Safari now!  Just posted that they still don't play on Firefox but now they don't work on Safari either. Yikes!

New Poster

No video still. When I click on the new group of possible videos on Xfinity to watch, the type says i am "now Watching", but I have no video and no sound. Whatever has been updated means no video and no sound. 

New Poster

Not able to load news video is there a fix.

New Poster

Mac Yosemite, Safari browser.  Still unable to view any video on the Comcast.net homepage.  Keep trying.  Please.

New Poster

I agree 100%.  It is very frustrating to want to read an article and have to watch an ad.  You are stuck with multiple ads if you want to go from one news article to another.  Am ready to switch my homepage to another service.

New Poster

Xfinity "Today in Video" has NOT worked for many days.  I'm a Mac user with all the current browser, flash player and whatever else type of software upgrades might cause an issue.  Videos are showing "Now Playing", but the space is black, exactly as others have described.  What's up Xfinity/Comcast?  Do you not have enough money to hire a decent programmer?  For crying out loud, go back to the old way until this one is debugged.  Furthermore, I agree with some other comments regarding the OPRESSIVE advertising.  I now have to watch a 30 minute obnoxious add in order to watch a 55 second news clip...prior to this new set-up, at least I was abble to double-clic thru the add.  FIX this NOW!  

Frequent Visitor

The xfinity video works on my kindle fire.

Regular Visitor

I have also not been able to access videos on Comcast website.  Ever since they changed the format, I've not seen one - on both my MacBook Pro and my Mac pro Desktop, running Yosemite.

Frequent Visitor

I agree with everyone else. Comcast changed the web page a couple of weeks ago and everyone is having problems. I would bet that it is related to ads and ad blocking. Firefox will not start any video because I block ads. IE does not block ads so the videos work. Both browser are set for private mode.   With the old web page, you could bypass the ads by clicking the picture a second time. Now, not only can you NOT bypass the ads but you are forced to rewatch the ads if you want to rewatch the video. Still not as bad a Yahoo videos.  Good luck people.

New Poster

Thanks, but still no video viewing available. Does the update automatically upload, or do I have to push to something to get it? Please advise more clearly how to access the update. 

Regular Visitor

I'm running Mac and Safari.  If you have made a fix, it hasn't happened for me.  Go back to the old way please.  No video, no sound at all..  

Regular Visitor

No videos as of 11/24.  Running Safari with OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 on Mac Book Pro.  

Shows "Now Playing" w/ Blank screen.

New Poster

I'm unable to watch the videos. 

New Poster

Videos won't play when in "Today in Videos"

Tags (1)
New Poster

Dan, please give us an update re Today in Video.  It was working great and without ads a few days ago.  I am on a MacBook Air running Yosemite.  Two Comcast employees, who claimed they were "techs," didn't know what I was talking about.  One hung up on me, and I wasn't even cussing!

Regular Visitor

I haven't had daily videos ever since you changed the format - I run a mac on Yosemite.

New Poster

No videos as of 11/25. Running Safari with OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 on Mac Book Air.
Shows "Now Playing" w/ Blank screen.

New Poster

Like the others, I have not been able to watch news videos on the Xfinity homepage for days (or weeks?) on my new mac running the latest updated software since you changed the video page. This is more annoying than a big problem since it saves me from watching the repeated ads that both proceed and follow every video or redirect and seems to equal or exceed any content time. When is Comcast going to get a handle on this? I'm looking for another homepage until this problem goes away!

Official Employee

Hi all,

A fix was released today that has fixed some bugs for some Mac users who are running Safari web browser. Please let us know if this has resolved any of your issues.

If you are still experiencing issues, please tell us your:

1. Operating System (Windows, Mac, etc.)

2. Web browser and version (Chrome 39, Internet Explorer 11, etc.)

3. Specific videos you are trying to watch

Thanks,

Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Comcast Joe. My Mac is working beautifully now. Thanks for the fix.  I hope the fix continues to work.  Wow, what a relief. 

Regular Visitor

Thank you for fixing this problem. The videos are now playing fine (Knock on wood!) on my Mac - OS X 10.9.5 - Safari 7.1  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

New Poster

Wow!  Will wonders never cease!  Not to be disrespectful or ungrateful, but in the future, a bit more alacrity, if you please.  Additionally, it would be much appreciated if the previous "double-click to bypass the ad" feature could be re-instated. Nevertheless, thanks for the fix.  It's nice to have my news blurbs back.

New Poster

Thank you!!  Videos are working on my Mac.

New Poster

Thank you!!  Videos are working on my Mac.

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Dan,

You are writing the same message every day and yet nothing happens concerning the videos. So many of us are frustrated by the fact that comcast cannot fix this problem.  So one in authority at comcast needs to address this problem.

Maria

Regular Visitor

Videos are now working in Yosemite 10.10.1 w/Safari.

Sure missed all those commercials!

Regular Visitor

I agree with the ad blocking being the problem. I use a host file to block unwanted sites, also blocks many ad sites, when host file is turned off all works well. I think its a bit over kill to watch 2 min + ads to view a clip that usually is shorter than the ad.

A possible work around for some firefox users, right clik video link and click "search <yahoo>for {name of video clip}"I use yahoo for serch but it will list the engine you use in the < >

Doing this will sometimes give you an alternate location for video or at least a related story

New Poster

Went from "Today in Video" back to the old style.  WHAT is going on????  FIX THIS!!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Well Dan of xfinity,

Are you saying we can quite wasting our time on all those commercials when trying to see the home page video's?

That you have fixed it?

Frequent Visitor

Hey Dan of exfinity,

Are you saying that we no longer have to waste our time seeing commercials before trying to see the homepage videos or news articles?  That you/exfinity have fixed it?

Regular Contributor

Hello,

Well, the Today in Video is still not playing.  I am using Vista and Internet Explorer 9.  Also when reading CNBC the page will go blank. 

Today in Video will run when I switch to Firefox, but NOT using Internet Explorer 9.  Today is 12/3/14