New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Visually Anomalous Posts, Increasing Numbers

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1 of 54

I am seeing more and more and more Posts that are so huge--that I get horizontal (right to left, left to right) scroll bars using any browser.

These posts go way, way beyond the normal allotted "frame" for any post.  The one, common thing, I have noticed in every, single, one of these visually anomalous Posts (and/or Replies) is that they have inserted an image into their posts.  Whatever graphic or image is inserted is so humongous that it appears underneath/ and behind the entirety of the ""Recommendations" panel/"frame" on the lower, right side of the Forum page.  AND, it also extends underneath and behind the panel/frame the says "Powered by Lithium."

I am seeing more and more of the 'Visually Anomalous Posts', and this includes recent Posts.

At first I was going to just write a Private Message to a Forum Employee--to take a look at a few of them.  I did NOT want to embarrass the Poster.  In almost every case, the Poster, authored an excellent post--asking very intelligent questions (mostly the same questions I have--that is what drew me to read the posts.

However, I really cannot volunteer the time it would take me to PM a Forum Employee--the reason being because I am finding more and more of these--even though I am NOT trying to find these.  I am trying to find answers.

This is in NO WAY, any complaint at or about any of the Poster--(I doubt that they even really know this happened.

Perhaps, the appropriate Forum Employees are already aware of these "Visually Anomalous Posts."  Although--I have not seen anything about what I am saying, posted by anyone else.  Lastly, though, I also do not see these posts ever corrected to fit into the allotted, preformatted places and frames--by anyone who would have the correct permissions.  

53 REPLIES
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 2 of 54

I am seeing the same thing, huge pictures that spill all over. The appearance of these forums changed a few weeks ago, and that issue started for me at that time.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 54

barbi 123, Thank you, SO MUCH for taking the time to reply!

I keep running into very weird things (weird, such as this one--but different weird), at random, all over the place.  I feel so much better that you have been noticing some of the same things that I have noticed.

At least, you have been able to provide some solutions over time.  I have not.  Someday, I hope to know and understand enough to do that.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 4 of 54

@barbie123 & @edron,

We did go through an update recently that caused some forum features to look a little weird. We have since compiled a list of issues and worked diligently to ensure that they have gotten resolved. You should notice that the "too large" picture issue is no longer happening. 

If you happen to notice anything else that is not working/looks correct, please don't hesitate to let me know here or via PM. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 5 of 54

ComcastJessie, while you're at it--just by coincidence on two (2) counts:

1) involving pictures, screenshots, etc

2) both me and barbi 123 (great minds think alike, right?)  noticed and posted questions about all the picture "placeholders" we see, all over the place, in posts. . .rather than what the author intended.  What is extra odd is that there can be several sucessfully displayed pictures and/or screenshots in any given post--and YET, in that same post, there will be only the placeholders as a substitute.  This is not just recent, this goes back for years.  Suffice it to say, those screenshots (or pictures) are usually extremely helpful--and often very instructive.  This even happens in posts by some of the most esteemed Forum Volunteers who are also highly kudoed--when I have to assume they well know how to insert and include these things correctly.

Can you please explain this to me--and, I am certain barbi 123 (and others who also mentioned this problem and/or who also posted similar questions) would all like to know why this happens AND is there a SOLUTION?

Thanks, in advance, for any information.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 6 of 54

@edron,

I am not sure what picture placeholders you are describing. I cannot provide a resolution or explanation as to what is happening without knowing what you are discussing. Can you please send me an image of said placeholder?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 7 of 54

These.  They're rampent around the forum for the great unwashed customers.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 8 of 54

The ones I can't see are blank triangles that are .gif's. The pictures I can see are .jpg's.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 9 of 54

Wow, thanks for replying, ComcastJessie.

I have not learned how to add a picture and/or screenshot into a post, so I cannot "show" you.

However,  just by luck,  right after this reply of yours, Jessie, Welcome_ to_ Post (forum username), also replied and he managed to include a picture of what barbi123 and I have been talking about.  Ihave been using the term "picture placeholder" since I do not know of what the correct term would be. 

In any event, there is not only one, single one of the "picture placeholders."    Could you look at Welcome_to_Post's post of ONE such example, please?

Others appear as a square with a triangle located in the center of the square and the triangle is yellow in color.  By the way, I have not responded, yet, to WTP's post--he doesn't seem to know about the posts that contain the really humongous and anomalous screenshots.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 10 of 54

So far, I've been spared those.    The picture placeholder problem has been reported several times now.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 11 of 54

What is so puzzling, including the example, you included in your reply to me, is that these are jpegs and I have all the right programs installed that should allow me to see the actual "picture."  Why do you suppose this has been such an on-going problem (years) without any solution?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 12 of 54

barbie123 wrote:

The ones I can't see are blank triangles that are .gif's. The pictures I can see are .jpg's.

These.

edron, I can't even guess at the workings of this forum any more. It used to be very clear, but not lately.  It's been speculated that pictures are deliberately being blocked for us normal customers, but I can't imagine why that would be, or what benefits it would have, so i don't really believe it.  Besides, it violates the first law of conspiracy theories.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 13 of 54

That's the ones I see. If I drag the triangle to my desktop, it comes up as a .gif.

If I drag a visable picture to my desktop, it comes up as a .jpg.

And yes, I have reported the problem before, with no response.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 14 of 54

WTP:  Yep, on the square with the yellow triangle inside--when I hover my mouse it shows "capture.jpg" (Yet, barb123 states that these are "jifs")

Another one though--in your post below (with the square containing yellow triangle) at the end of the subject of this thread--but before the graphic green box with the white checkmark in the box "choose this solution"--in other words IN BETWEEN--there is that other "picture placeholder" that looks like a small rectangle and inside of that it looks like mountain peaks (one taller on the  right and the shorter mountain peak on the left--)  right above the shorter mountain peak on the left looks like the moon.  The mountain peaks are very dark gray and so is the moon (and so is the outline of the rectangle--very dark gray.  I am thinking--maybe that "icon" represents that there exists some kind of a screenshot, picture, etc. within the post, itself--even though it IS within the post itself.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 15 of 54

The triangle that WTP posted does show as a .jpg. The ones I checked did show as a .gif. Just adds to the mystery.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 16 of 54

WTP:  What's even stranger than this--but including your 'conspiracy theory'--these "placeholders" will be within the very same post as pictures and/or screenshots that display normally.  AND, this includes within posts of those volunteers who are using the screenshots to be instructive about "the New E-mail"  The "New Forum" etc.  I have to assume for the Poster, he/she is completely unaware that parts of his posts or replies are not visible to the rest of us.  You can tell when such person has made great effort to be helpful (but won't be--since the "placeholders" are UNhelpful, as well as completely confusing).

Do you SUPPOSE---some of these require some higher permission level; both, to be inserted--as well as be seen, correctly?  AND, do you also, suppose, no one is checking and/or re-checking these?  Do you SUPPOSE?  These things are all over the place.  I would venture in the thousands--no kidding!  This is a complete waste of time and effort for everyone.  

One extra observation about these:  I have long had Premium Malawarebytes Antimalware and after the latest version, notably--when I have attempted to right click on one of these I am immediately warned of malicious content.  So, of course, I DO NOT  try to right-click on any of them.  Hopefully, ComcastJessie will read and weigh in on this entire thread.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 17 of 54

All,

No pictures are being "Withheld" for any reason other then it could be an unsupported picture format. You can identify these type of images as they display with a: 

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this, the user will need to upload that picture again using a different format. 

The only other reason a picture may not display as it may need moderation from an admin. If a person is brand new and making their first post with an image, it could create the following symbol:

If you see an image with this symbol, you can send me a PM with the link to that post, and I can do the proper moderation so it can be seen by the community.

I hope this clears things up. If you have any other question, please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 18 of 54

ComcastJessie, thank you for your replies to this thread, as well as, the extra time you must have spent researching this matter, further.  I do think there may be a bit more about this matter, though.

Here is why:  Some of these "placeholders" show up in posts and/or replies by a number of long-serving, highly badged expert volunteers.  And, this includes in the same post and/or reply, which do include 2, 3, 4, etc. pictures which do display normally, as intended.  Also, a goodly number of those posts/replies have been on the Forums for years--and the placeholders were never fixed.  This includes in threads of many such expert volunteers who answer each other back and forth during these threads--even answering each others' questions and/or adding a different point of view.  Certainly, one would have told another about an unintended placeholder--often they are sharing pictures and have drawn-in arrows pointing to certain things about which they are discussing.

Additionally, very recently, when I was searching the Forums about entirely different matters (problems I am having with various Comcast services), by happenstance, I found threads discussing these very same problems with placeholders.  I do not know how to include a link to another post within this post.  One person in that thread BeowolfJones, on 11/08/15, 11/11/15, 11/13/15--the subject line was "Re:Re:  I also seem to remember a head Forum Official among some of these threads--named ComcastAlan (I think) this is his correct name.  Perhaps, Comcast Jessie, if you could find that thread, you may gain further information. (Possibly, some extra information for you to ask whoever-- the correct Forum team and/or Lithium a few more questions).  They were discussing Lithium a lot--and very specifically having something to do with these picture "permission."  BeowolfJones, included both picture and placeholders while they were all theorizing some things, while absolutely having factual knowledge about related matters.

Another thing I have noticed, taking your reply into consideration--there have been very recent posts--on the spot, on the date posts and replies in threads--which did include screenshots which displayed perfectly--this was up-to-the minute, quick, timely for the recent (and continuing e-mail problems (server failures among other simultaneous e-mail failures).  For instance--username wymi--who would not have had time to submit a picture, image, screenshot, etc. for approval and await whatever is some "waiting period" before his current and very apropos post(s).  I am not trying to be argumentative, at all.  I would really like to know all the factual information about this--including currently.

Lastly, I do want to learn all about this--and this means I will also have to find out how to include a picture, image, screenshot within my own posts and/or replies--I do NOT know how to do this, yet.  I want to learn how.

Oops--returned for an edit:  Jessie does Lithium or Comcast Forum Designers have some kind of software utility that could perform a search on all of these  "picture placeholders"  throughout the Forums?  If they had such a utility this could detect and modify accordingly--such as converting "placeholders"--of course, this might require, then, a second utility that could modify "placeholders' into whatever grapgic image was intended, in the first place.  I am stating this simplistically, of course.  Just an idea.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 19 of 54

ComcastJessie wrote:

@barbie123 & @edron,

We did go through an update recently that caused some forum features to look a little weird. We have since compiled a list of issues and worked diligently to ensure that they have gotten resolved. You should notice that the "too large" picture issue is no longer happening. 

If you happen to notice anything else that is not working/looks correct, please don't hesitate to let me know here or via PM. 

Edit:  removed incorrect link.  Searching for the correct one again.

Perhaps not as fixed as we'd hope.  Just came across a new one.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 20 of 54

I don't see any problem with that link.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 21 of 54

WTP:  The link you just included in your latest reply (minutes ago), only took me to a very long thread of numerous posts/replies--and I don't see any wording and/or topics that mention anything about "pictures, images, screenshots", etc.    and barbi123 did YOU see something with WTP's link that, somehow, I did not see.

WTP and barbi123:  Were you able to find the thread I suggested to ComcastJessie that included username BeowolfJones in November of 2015--with subject line "Re:Re" ?  If you have looked at that, would you be willing to do this, soon?

It may seem to others that all three (3) of us are obsessed with these "placeholders", however, I think the pictures displaying properly are exceedingly helpful when they do actually display correctly.  The three (3) of us persisting, seems to be the furthest any Forum members have gotten with this very long-standing problem.  I would like to see this through to an actual solution.  (Not the type of "solution" and/or "solved" which only acknowledges that it is a 'known problem'--usually long-standing--and possibly "we are working on it.")  The huge majority of these are not actually ever solved, resolved, fixed, etc.    I know this is a different matter; however, this too needs to be remedied.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 22 of 54

WTP's link just sent me to a list of posts.

I cannot find the re re post.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 23 of 54

Here is a link to a recent post with triangle picture placeholders.

I did send the link to Comcastjesse.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Incorrect-survey-is-causing-our-property-to-be-marked-...

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 24 of 54

Comcastjessie did something to make those images show. I will keep watching for this issue.

The image in my link that I could not see was a .gif. It now shows as a .jpg.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 25 of 54

This GREAT news!  

One (1) out of three (3) "placeholders" made to display, properly.

This whole matter (once the other two are fixed, also), is going to make an enormous, positive difference to the Forums.

I wonder what ComcastJessie did?  (Conversely, I also wonder what was wrong with the images).  In any event, a big THANK YOU, ComcastJessie!!!!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 26 of 54

edron wrote:

WTP:  The link you just included in your latest reply (minutes ago), only took me to a very long thread of numerous posts/replies--\

It sure does.  Now what the heck did I do wrong this time?!?  I'll remove the link and replace it with the right one....provided I can find it again.  *sigh*

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 27 of 54

I re-read ComcastJessie's post (the one in which she displayed, two (2) of "placeholders").  What do you suppose she meant by her not being able to do anything about the one that looks like the top of a mountain/mountain range with a sun or moon in the upper left corner?  She said this not a format that can be made to be displayed.  There are so, very many of these--and over years of time--including recently.  I wonder why, no one ever told the Post/Reply Author.  I have come close to doing that, but have not done that, so far.  [My reason(s) were not to distract and/or go off on a side issue].

Also, I wonder what types of images, pictures, graphics formats are acceptable.  Plus, there must be some size restriction.  I can't find any information about this matter nor any related matter in "Forum How-To's" types of subjects.   

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 28 of 54

All good questions. .jpg is a pretty standard format for a picture. The ones I could not see were .gif's. How would jessie be able to change the format of what someone posted?

And, I pictured Comcastjessie as a male. Dosen't really matter though.

Posted by
Connection Expert

Message 29 of 54

FWIW, she's a female there barb..

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 30 of 54

In my earlier (as well as, repeated) searches of the Forums about these "placeholders" I found some very animated and lengthy threads about this.  Trust me--trying to search the Forums on any and every "key word(s)" was and is gruelling.  It takes a lot of fortitude.  Even this current subject thread would not give many other Forum Visitors, Members, etc. a clue--since I started it with the Visually Anomalous Posts--which, as barbi123 knows was/is a very different matter.  Meaning--anyone searching for problems with pictures, images, placeholders--would not easily find this thread.  See what I mean?

Back to my point.  I do think there is more to this.  I do think it has something to do with Lithium--I do not know what, exactly.  I also, do think, it has something to do with permission levels.  Maybe not any more, but from all of my research and reading of the posts, replies, threads--and I went back years and years and years.  What I garnered from what I read (lots of these threads were comprised of Volunteers Experts--and at very high levels, AND additionally, included actual Forum Officials--also at the highest levels)..  They were joking back and forth, being somewhat sarcastic about Lithium.  In some of the threads there were examples (screenshots, placeholders (my term--not theirs), and actual pictures, such as photographs.  They were talking about the order(s) of permissions and wait times.  For instance, the one that  ComcastJessie said cannot EVER display--was the one that came 1st.  Then, after some period of time, it made progress to display as the square with the yellow triangle, inside.  THEN, finally it could become (display) what it was meant to be.  Many of these threads were a very substantial amount of time before ComcastJessie was ever on the Forums.   (sorry in advance--I did not proofread)

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 31 of 54

Welcome_to_Post wrote:

edron wrote:

WTP:  The link you just included in your latest reply (minutes ago), only took me to a very long thread of numerous posts/replies--\

It sure does.  Now what the heck did I do wrong this time?!?  I'll remove the link and replace it with the right one....provided I can find it again.  *sigh*

WTP  is this the one that you wanted..  I saw it further down the list of the All Topics list..

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/WHERE-IS-THE-COMCAST-CUSTOMER-GUARANTEE/m-p/2905496

It also had a "landscape" next to the subject title.

p.s. am liking this "new look"  less and less each time I log in.  Smiley Sad  

ciao, bj

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 32 of 54

It's not;  but it's another example of the placeholders that apparently only a few of us care enough to report.  My find was a picture that overran the borders by about 50% on each of the four sides.  Unfortunately, the search tools are just inadequate for the task of finding it.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 33 of 54

BlueJay:  Glad you entered into this.  You are very good at helping others with your use of  screenshots, images, etc.  Sometimes you have had multiple of these in your posts.  What has been puzzling to me is that even with all of your talent and experience AND helpfulness, sometimes, one of your screenshots within the same post as  2 or 3 others, will NOT display correctly and is substituted with only a "placeholder."  I have noticed the same with other Experts (QueenEvie, as just one example).  I always assumed that you know exactly how to do this.  I have checked back into some of your posts hoping the "placeholder" only has turned into what you intended.  It never has.  I am sorry, that right this minute, I am not able to find one of these posts of yours, so that I could give you a specific answer.  In my case, I am reading your posts because I have the same problem as another, and therefore, I am reading your reply.  I have had to assume that whatever image you are inserting looks okay to you.  And/or, if you looked back at your own post, I assume that the images within must all look okay to you--otherwise (another assumption), you would fix it to display, correctly, of course.  Could there possibly be a case that the one who inserts whatever image has it display for him/her, correctly, the first time AND everytime forevermore?  BUT, it is forevermore appearing only as a "placeholder" to the rest of us?  This has never made sense to me--and before now, it has never been fixed.  This has gone on for years and years and years.

Can you advise me and the others about what you know about this?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 34 of 54

Bluejay's link shows placeholders to me. And I agree that the search function on the forums is useless. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 35 of 54

They do with me, as well.  More and more, I'm convinced that those with enhanced forum access just don't see these placeholders we've dealt with for a couple of years.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 36 of 54

barbi123:  yes, I see only a "placeholder" too.  I am thinking that BlueJay knows this.  What is different about this one displaying as the placeholder of the square with the triangle inside is THIS one does not even show that it is a jpeg, jpg, or anything when I hover over it with my house and/or right click it.  Usually this triangle one, at least, USUALLY lets me know what type of image it is.  About what you are calling "landscaping image' next to the subject line--that one at least displays (mouse hover) image.jpg.  This landscape thingie (icon) is in that same position on a LOT of posts.  I may have figured out what THAT means, only recently.  I think it may be the symbol denoting that the post has a picture inserted withing the body.  You know--sometimes there is that "link" symbol too--right after the subject line--and, yes, there is always a link or url inserted into the body of the post  I think I may be right about this, because I checked out random posts and found what I just said to be the case.   In other words, posts that have BOTH the "landscape" icon/symbol and the link symbol--do, in fact, have both inserted within the body of the post.  Of course, we all KNOW that even with this connotation/denotation of the "landscape" symbol--there is no guarantee the the imagine/picture/etc. WITHIN the body of the post will display properly.   

The Forum search option is the worst one I have ever seen.  It is almost a travesty.  Yet--it is so very important to have a a good search function.  *sigh*    The picture displaying correctly, a decent search function, and other things are critically necessary, IMHO--BECAUSE, The Forums are the only hope customers have to possibly, ever, even get a solution.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 37 of 54

WTP:  I do think you are correct about those with higher status and positions-DO have special permissions and CAN see the pictures--unlike the rest of us--only the placeholders.  I think this MAY have been for a good and/or logical reason---years ago, but I also think, that this may not be intended any more--however the whole matter has been completely overlooked (swept into a corner, so to speak).  AS IF most of us would not notice--HOW CAN YOU  NOT NOTICE, though?

The other thing, I just thought of,  I think that ComcastJessie thinks she was able to have all of the squares with the triangles inside fixed.  However, the link that BlueJay just sent meaning for you to see, WTP (ergo, the rest of us too), is proof that THESE could not possibly all be fixed.  Am I losing my MIND, at this point?

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 38 of 54

Clearly Comcastjessie misspoke when she said they were all fixed. Only the link I sent was fixed, the overall problem is still there. Unfortunately, Jessie provided no detail as to what the problem is, or what was done to fix it.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 39 of 54

Hi ALL:  Barbi123 and I both posted to two separate subjects about "image Inserts".  1) The problem with these "placeholders" only showing    2) The screenshots that did display; however, they are sooo HUGE that they go way  beyond the formatting frames boundaries/borders into which they are supposed fit, that they cause vertical scroll bars (right to left/left to right) in EVERY browser.  These can even cover up/overlay the "powered by Lithium" panel/frame at the bottom of every Forum page.

I also posted about these "placeholders"  about a year ago (maybe longer).  Other Forum participants had replied with "me too"  type replies.  However, the result was that we were all 'stonedwalled.'  More recently, when I posted again about the "placeholder" problem, I was scolded and my post was either moved or removed--my "infraction" was that I had posted about the same thing.  I am aware of Forum Rules---however, a year had gone by and the problem was never addressed/never fixed.  Obviously, these problems continued, on and on, right up to this minute.

I was feeling very hopeful that we were all making progress with this, through our collaboration.  Presently, I am beginning to think that we have not really been able to make any positive difference, at all--"positive difference", meaning having this problem fixed.  

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 40 of 54

Here is another post with picture placeholders. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Accessibility/Cable-Line-hanging-dangerously-low-over-neighborhood-lake...

I will send the link to Comcastjessie.

The problem is not even close to being solved.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 41 of 54
Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 42 of 54
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 43 of 54

Hi All,  I hope I inserted the below lik correctly.  This is the first time I tried.   I found this very long thread (I was, actually, searching for something very different.)

I believe this a huge added part to the big mystery, though.  You WILL have to read the entire thread, though.  It does show to what lengths other Forum Members have gone to in the past.  

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity/Thread-insert-image-in-post/td-p/1847571

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 44 of 54

That thread is more about the problem of posting images. My issue is viewing images, which Jessie showed can be fixed, but just isn't.

Edron, you made a valient effort to get Comcast to look at this problem, but they do not really care about fixing anything. 

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 45 of 54

barbi123:  Yes, I know that thread is more about inserting pictures.  However, I believe this is related.  When you see all the discussions about different browsers--some browers DID work to insert pictures/images and other browsers did NOT work.  Could this still MEAN that what we can VIEW correctly as the authors' intended images depends upon exactly WHICH browser the author happens to be using, at that moment.  The rest of my rationale (all logical, though) would take me hours to write up in a posts and/or posts.  

But to put this simply (and shorter) INSERTING an image is the flip side of the coin of VIEWING the image?

And, yes, we have all worked very hard, spent time, and great diligence on this matter.  What I do NOT ever understand about the Forums (whoever and/or whatever is "in charge"/"calling the shots")--wouldn't they appreciate all this effort by Forum Members (aka Comcast Customers) and want the Forums to be as helpful as possible, as effective as possible, and the best as possible experience?  We are all donating our time for FREE.  We have, absolutely, detected and documented all these problems.  We have ALL done an EXCELLENT job.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 46 of 54

Comcastjessie responded to me saying that all the images are removed for being inappropriate. I do not buy that at all. Jessie's response makes no sense seeing that the images she did unblock were IN NO WAY inappropriate. 

Here is jessie's response:

As mentioned in our larger thread, there is no issue. This is a feature of the forum to reduce inappropriate pictures in the forum. As previously mentioned, we have recognized that users newly posting in the community are the most likely to post a picture that is inappropriate. To avoid those type of pictures being seen by the entire forum community, we have set up a rule that requires those pictures to be moderated by an admin (viewed and approved) before they can be seen by the wider community.

Again, I am happy to do any moderation of pictures that this happens to, but it is doing exactly what it is designed to do.

If you have any other comments, questions, or concerns please don't hesitate to let me know. 

Jessie

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 47 of 54

The links I posted have since been unblocked, and were in no way inappropriate.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 48 of 54

And all the images that were blocked with the triangle in a square, in the All Topics listings, appear to have  been unblocked.   I would really love to see an inappropriate image and determine for myself..   I guess I'm not old or mature enough to judge for myself.  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 49 of 54

Hi  All, 

barbi123:  Thanks for sharing what ComcastJessie told you.  Jessie did add a few more tidbits of info, beyond what she stated in the previous post of hers.

However,  I have seen inserted screenshots that displayed perfectly and immediately at the very date, time minute as the entire post showed up.  There was no "waiting time."  In that case, the Post-er, happened to display a screenshot of the exact problem, at the exact time, I was also having that exact problem [it was the e-mail sign-in screen portal server malfunction(s)---which was, in fact, a NATIONAL PROBLEM.  There would not have been any way or any time for anyone to review the screenshot beforehand to sanction it as appropriate or INAPPROPRIATE.  Further, I have seen immediate links posted within brand-new Forum Members (who stated in their posts that they were brand new Comcast Customers, as well).    By the way, countless times, I have been very concerned about links inserted in posts--for obvious reasons.  That's another matter.

This also ignores the point(s) of the "placeholders" only within posts in which the screenshots show, perfectly--AND when such posts are made by many of the MOST ESTEEMED Forum Volunteers with hundreds--even thousands of posts, hundreds of 'solutions',  and--even hundreds of kudos.  I just don't "buy" these explanations.  I do not want to be dishonest and say I do buy/buy into explanations when, in fact, I do not.  That would be a form of dishonesty for me to do that.   This has turned out to be very discouraging.  I am very proud of all of us, though, for such great efforts--over many days of time.  Thank you all, for the help.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 50 of 54

BlueJay:  As I mentioned earlier in this thread, a fair amount of images YOU inserted were blocked and in the very same post as several other images you inserted, displayed perfectly.  Those 'blocked" images of yours are STILL 'blocked.'  I do NOT believe they are blocked.  Instead, I tend more to believe that they were somehow messed up by some glitch(es) on the Forums.  In your case, BJ, all I could tell was that they were a .jpg ( or .jpeg).