Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Unable to Add a personal mobile phone number for Two-Factor verification

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 5

Error is "Verification code not sent. Something has gone wrong, please try again."  I have tried on multiple occasions with multiple browsers.  My mobile phone number already exists in Account Contact Information.

4 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 2 of 5

I'm getting this on multiple accouts trying to set up an account phone number. It looks like the entire phone verification system is completely broken?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 5

This thread should not be considered solved.  I have yet to receive a solution from Comcast.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 5

Hi rjstephan, you should be able to control the Solved issue, by clicking on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner of your posts.  

Or hope for an official person to reverse the solved check.

Good Luck, ciao, bj

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 5 of 5

After literally months of fighting this issue, I finally resolved it largely on my own.  The only Comcast employee that gets any credit is an asian male (name unknown) from the Lakewood CO service center who worked with me patiently and at least made numerous attempts to resolve the issue (unlick his female supervisor who repeatedly said "...different department...").  Even though he didn't resolve the issue, watching him interact with the system did give me some ideas of things to try.

The issue was that the mobile number I was trying to enter for two factory authentication was already assigned to one of my secondary users.  Once deleted from the secondary user, I was able to add it as my mobile phone number for two factory authentication.  If there was a more accurate & descriptive error message - such as "this mobile number is already in use in another account" - it would have saved me a tremendous amount of agrivation Comcast.