Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

The "mydevice info--etc" Link Does Not Work - Need to Use

Regular Contributor

The "mydevice info--etc" Link Does Not Work - Need to Use

I have tried this again and again and here is what happens:  the link seems to work in the beginning, but quickly changes into a different Comcast Xfinity web page inviting me to shop to change the gateway (router) that I am already renting from Comcast.  I am not trying to change this equipment.  As it is, my previous equipment which I have rented for years from Comcast (docsis 3.0), had been malfunctioning right and left, for more than a year and finally died completely in February 2017 and was replaced by Comcast on February 23, 2017.  This current equipment appears to be brand new, so I am hoping that there is not some problem with this equipment, that (somehow) causes that I CANNOT get to Comcast website I need.  It was installed by a Comcast technician.

I have used two different browsers, cleared cookies, etc.  I get the same malfunctioning results, repeatedly.

I need to access the correct page and then I want to print that page.

Can someone, please, provide an answer for this?

Administrator
Administrator

Re: The "mydevice info--etc" Link Does Not Work - Need to Use

If you use the old link: mydeviceinfo.com you will get the automatic re-direct to the new link: https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

ComcastJessie, Thanks, for reply.  I have not tried the link you provided, yet, but I will.

I do not know anything about the "old" link you mentioned--since, I had never tied to find and/or log into anything about "my devices", until the past two(2) days.  Therefore, I used the most recent (current) link(s) shown on Comcast and/or Xfinity web pages--including these Forums.

I will try the link you provided very soon.  I hope it works.  

Regular Contributor

ComcastJessie, Yes, the link you provided works--for now.  I would get to this same page in my recent , many, many attempts--BUT as soon as I tried one, tiny simple thing--such as printing that page--the whole thing would quickly changed into a Comcast shopping page--as IF I wanted wanted to change my modem and/or buy one at some retail store.

Now I am afraid to print the page.  By recent experience, I know I will never get to that page again.  I will try to print the page now.  I will let you know if the same thing happens.

Regular Contributor

ComcastJessie--same result as I told you--the page turns into a Comcast shopping page including offering retail purchases.  I would have to sign-in.  What could be wrong?  What happens, is the URL drops the ending lettering address of 'customerinfo'.  It prevents me from adding/typing in /inserting the 'customerinfo' into the address.  Trust me, I have tried 30 or more times.